Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Sylux

Identity:

STEAM_0:0:26489939

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

After being recently banned for 1 month for 'Trolling, harrassment' by @Elcark , for what is in my opinion unfair reasoning I attempted to add elcark on steam as I'm aware they don't fully understand the situation...however I was rejected so I'll make a ban protest instead. Following suit a ban request on 'Zack the shako'.

After stomping a player called zack the sharko on the local server of hyrule as soldier (y) he became agitated and aggressive on the mic, which I replied too. His main critque was that my grandparents are dead (strange insult if i'm honest as it's false) in which, i replied 'lol yours are the same', this provided me with the best response I have ever seen from someone online which he replied in chat after 5 minutes of voice crying: '

Scalie Zack the Sharko : My grandpartents could easily kick your fucking ass kid' which is probably the best quote in the world which has been designated as my '[' key.

Now this key gets pressed a fair bit when typing simply because it's next to my enter key and I love it. Zack has demanded across the server once that I can't use it even though he does it to other players... example(s):

Val - reknown good player on the servers the exact type zack get triggered by - DEAD Scalie A shark : Oh boy kid cunt val is here

He says this as val joins, is this not harrassment exactly what zack says I am doing? :thinking:

Spoopy - a great demo player another prime target for zack's rage -

'EAD Scalie A shark : What

Scalie A shark : That smurf

Scalie A shark : Or cheats

Scalie A shark : Spoopy

Server Mod Spoopy : ?

Scalie A shark : Look at shadowkillers profileScalie A shark : 1 hour

Server Mod Spoopy : and?

Scalie A shark : And hes getting headshots Ez Pz

Server Mod Spoopy : so

shadowkiller296 : are you angry ?

Scalie A shark : IE

Server Mod Spoopy : its called being good

Scalie A shark : SUre'

Some random dude who changes his name a lot -

Scalie A shark : Months of not playing still can't beat me on a one on one

I'd like to talk about my ban now - 1 month remember that, for 'trolling,harrassment' by elcark. Firstly in the rules there is no mention of not being able to have binds, sure if you had a bind of straight racism or homophobia that is different but in my instance this is a direct quote. If you are directly this quote to any rule it has to be disrespect - exactly what zack the sharko does when he plays. When entering the server he will usually shit talk all players yet still direct it towards me, I just ignore it after it it's a game. When I press the bind after his vocal littering he goes berserk calling all admins such as @Kypari and @Krampus immediately after the bind is pressed claiming it's not fair to use the bind even after his unprovoked shit talk. Another interesting point is the warning system, I was not warned about using the bind before the 1 month ban was placed. The only warning i received was from Krampus asking for me and zack to shut up, which after getting my point across and zack not listening i simply muted him. However I was informed he was still talking shit even after being muted and asked if he was on local chat and bam, muted! That mute is kind of justified as krampus was just trying to stop the situation escalating anymore, after that mute took place zack cursed and went off.

Further more, my ban was 1 month and the furry friend who is immune to the full consequences of his shittalking actions due to his furry friend admins only received a 1 day mute. :whistle:

Lastly I want to talk about zack's approach to justify why he can 'legally' shit talk me and other players on the server. He claims others are 'harassing' him by killing him and not talking by using the in game taunt system, for me however I was 'harrassing' him by 'following' him to the pokemon server (which i am in the top 10 players for and play there with queen) :D after getting bored on tgh. :thinking:

Interested in hearing others' opinions on the matter please post any response below!

Tagging the people i believe are involved for their input

@Elcark @Kypari @Krampus

Your ban history: Xeno Gamers

It's safe to say that you have long been due a month ban. Though Zack may have instigated an argument, you reacted to it and decided to use this to further irritate him. It is quite clear from your chat logs that your intentions were of trolling nature.

The main reason why you have a month ban is due to ban history. Whilst you have been banned for multiple days and weeks, you have always escaped the full month ban. However, Zack has never received a ban before and therefore, received just a day long gag/mute.

Both of you were clearly in the wrong, it's just a matter of ban history that has given you this unfortunate ban.

Player Chat History | Xeno Gamers

I've got no problems with either parties, really. But the action taken by Elcark was justified. -1

Your ban history: Xeno Gamers

It's safe to say that you have long been due a month ban. Though Zack may have instigated an argument, you reacted to it and decided to use this to further irritate him. It is quite clear from your chat logs that your intentions were of trolling nature.

The main reason why you have a month ban is due to ban history. Whilst you have been banned for multiple days and weeks, you have always escaped the full month ban. However, Zack has never received a ban before and therefore, received just a day long gag/mute.

Both of you were clearly in the wrong, it's just a matter of ban history that has given you this unfortunate ban.

I've got no problems with either parties, really. But the action taken by Elcark was justified. -1

:thinking: Using ban history as logic for a future ban which is nearly a year later seems weak. A whole year has passed in that time. On to your second point: 'you reacted to it and decided to use this to further irritate him.' this point i can't fully understand as I had explained he was eventually muted as well as if someone is continually talking shit about you about a matter months ago(which most of you edgy kids still do - why i don't talk to 90% of you) you want to solve the issue and ask them, even when using logic Zack the sharko would not even listen and continue his splurge of nonsense. Lastly, your player chat history seems ok to me, zacks seem more tame in those instances but I can assure the voice chat was nothing of the sort. Perhaps if I am going to talk I should use voice chat instead as text chat is commonly used as evidence. Also Zacks' logs contain call admin spam and fully of lies :thinking: isn't call admin spam also against the rules? You can still see him initiating the chat also. As much as I disagree with your message thanks for actually posting

The reason why Zack only received a day gag was because he had been in trouble notably less than you have, since he has been gagged for toxicity. He was going to receive a kick instead, but he left the server to calm down. That is why the day gag was suggested.

Your ban was for a month for using binds with the intent to instigate and argue with Zack. Considering your extensive ban history the ban was decided to be a month. There is no actual decay rule when it comes to time between bans, it's mostly just common sense. You have had multiple issues on the servers since your last ban, which is why the month ban was pushed.

:thinking: Using ban history as logic for a future ban which is nearly a year later seems weak. A whole year has passed in that time. On to your second point: 'you reacted to it and decided to use this to further irritate him.' this point i can't fully understand as I had explained he was eventually muted as well as if someone is continually talking fudge about you about a matter months ago(which most of you edgy kids still do - why i don't talk to 90% of you) you want to solve the issue and ask them, even when using logic Zack the sharko would not even listen and continue his splurge of nonsense. Lastly, your player chat history seems ok to me, zacks seem more tame in those instances but I can assure the voice chat was nothing of the sort. Perhaps if I am going to talk I should use voice chat instead as text chat is commonly used as evidence. Also Zacks' logs contain call admin spam and fully of lies :thinking: isn't call admin spam also against the rules? You can still see him initiating the chat also. As much as I disagree with your message thanks for actually posting

Unfortunately, the month ban was justified and even though some of these bans are from many months back, the reasons are mostly the same. Furthermore, as much of an inconvenience as it may be, those bans will always be on your record here.

I did ask @Elcark and and @Kypari if they wanted me to go on and get a demo, but they deemed it unnecessary due to the evidence already supplied in chat logs.

Zack was definitely out of line, too. Nobody is innocent here. He got his punishment, but as said before, his punishment was much less to yours due to it being him not having a ban history.

The reason why Zack only received a day gag was because he had been in trouble notably less than you have, since he has been gagged for toxicity. He was going to receive a kick instead, but he left the server to calm down. That is why the day gag was suggested.

Your ban was for a month for using binds with the intent to instigate and argue with Zack. Considering your extensive ban history the ban was decided to be a month. There is no actual decay rule when it comes to time between bans, it's mostly just common sense. You have had multiple issues on the servers since your last ban, which is why the month ban was pushed.

Thanks winslow brother 2, but again year gap is still a long time think of the changes you were faced over 2 years (especially sam) :thinking: 'Multiple issues' since the last ban however I have not been banned for such thing? The bind was only posted after he immediately joined and shit talked me and my friend for being there - if you are claiming his ban - sorry his mute is justified because of 'he had been in trouble notably less than you have' that is complete aids and is favouritism at it's maximum fitness.

Unfortunately, the month ban was justified and even though some of these bans are from many months back, the reasons are mostly the same. Furthermore, as much of an inconvenience as it may be, those bans will always be on your record here.

I did ask @Elcark and and @Kypari if they wanted me to go on and get a demo, but they deemed it unnecessary due to the evidence already supplied in chat logs.

Zack was definitely out of line, too. Nobody is innocent here. He got his punishment, but as said before, his punishment was much less to yours due to it being him not having a ban history.

As mentioned above, using a players' past history of bans on servers is a terrible way to dictate a future punishment's duration. The common player the late teen catergory going into adulthood :thinking: . If you think a 1 day mute is a punishment for instigatin and pissing off a whole server and many of the regulars you need to re-think your policies.

I have said my points, sometimes once or twice to make them clear I will no longer reply to messages of the same points after I have explained the other wing. Thanks for the replies bros

Thanks winslow brother 2, but again year gap is still a long time think of the changes you were faced over 2 years (especially sam) :thinking: 'Multiple issues' since the last ban however I have not been banned for such thing? The bind was only posted after he immediately joined and shit talked me and my friend for being there - if you are claiming his ban - sorry his mute is justified because of 'he had been in trouble notably less than you have' that is complete aids and is favouritism at it's maximum fitness.

It's not favoritism, it's protocol. The multiple issues include you going on an alternate account and being racist (including anonymous tip-offs and reports that I gave to I believe @Vexx though I may be mistaken), the history between you and Zack specifically arguing and the various times other staff have witnessed you on the server.

And what happened with me before was on the forums was just under 3 years ago. Pretty irrelevant

It's not favoritism, it's protocol. The multiple issues include you going on an alternate account and being racist (including anonymous tip-offs and reports that I gave to I believe @Vexx though I may be mistaken), the history between you and Zack specifically arguing and the various times other staff have witnessed you on the server.

And what happened with me before was on the forums was just under 3 years ago. Pretty irrelevant

Are you fricking kidding me HAHA

"The multiple issues include you going on an alternate account and being racist (including anonymous tip-offs and reports that I gave to I believe @Vexx though I may be mistaken),"

That is complete speculation from one of you kids making up rubbish, you can track ips silly gooses. It's fair to say you've lost all credibility in this response since you're now using idle rumours as a point to jusifty my ban. I will use your line of 'irrelevant' to rice gum as you can claim what's relevant and not for your own personal gain

ayt3.ggpht.com__FFNiOWizwRA_AAAAAAAAAAI_AAAAAAAAAAA_q9vBcf1chqaf3f1fb872274c8e3c622e68c98762b5.thumb.jpg.1a576a0acfd9ddd1fbd162e4dd3fb51d.jpg

I'ma just start off my responses by saying my side of the situation. I had just logged onto tf2 when I had gotten a notification from a friend who was also on the server witnessing what was happening, who told me that sylux had been harassing zack with his binds. So I got to tgh and when I first get on the server I instantly hear basically the same thing over and over again which is zack yelling about how sylux should be banned for targeting him, trolling, and the such in game, which I do get his point that sylux had been trying to troll him, but we do have the friendly and client side mute which can be used for stuff as simple as this. What I saw on Sylux's side was that he was basically doing the bind and joking about zack complaining from him killing him and the bind, which for this it is still pretty bad, but it was still a bit overreaction on zacks side which he has done multiple times in the past and he definitely isn't really any better at times with his responses to people killing him or anything of the sort. So anyway I can instantly can tell that their argument was going nowhere as it was about something very basic and both were egging each other on so I warned them both to stop the fight now and not to talk to each other at all for the most part so that it would end the argument, otherwise I would gag them . Which they had stopped for about five minutes before Zack started going on again about how Sylux should be banned ignoring how I had told them both to stop, where sylux went on also calling zack a kid and saying how he is still talking to agitate zack so I decided to gag them both. Which after that Elcark joined and month banned sylux from previous offenses.

Also about the binds and warning him, when I first had gotten there the binds did not appear to be that bad to warrant that much concern but after a while of seeing the situation go on and being told by other staff about how it is a bit too much I then did warn him not to use the bind, which shouldn't have mattered much anyway considering both were supposed to not be talking to each other in general to stop them from instigating.

In my opinion they were both in the wrong here as you were fully aware about how you were egging him on and how he would respond to it, and how that does not give Zack an excuse to react the way he did either. So I see it that it should be -1 for unban but to me a week ban would be more justified considering both sides were at blame for the most part and it did not seem severe enough to jump from the previous day ban a year ago (yes I know that there is no decay and that he has had future altercations) to a month now, but then again everyone does have their own opinion for how bad something truly is so I do understand why others would see a month to be more suiting. Also about your ban request for Zack I would actually have to say +1 for atleast a day ban for some kind of real record, I know that he had received a day mute and does not get in trouble as much as you but he was not really any better with his reaction to Sylux's actions, and how this has happened multiple times in the past and never payed much mind for the most part.

I'm sorry, I don't like getting into arguments here, but I can't with a good conscience support the idea of someone getting a month ban for using binds that some other player didn't like. Especially so in the case of Zack, like I have no problem with the dude, but he doesn't even try to be non-confrontational. He is by one of the most toxic and most dramatic of our semi-regular players, and most of the shit he gives people is almost always completely unprovoked.

Additionally calling direct quotes harassment is a real fucking stretch even if the player being quoted in question doesn't like it. Wikipedia pointing out that Michael Richards was in fact an idiot who shouted racially charged slurs via a direct quote isn't "harassment", it's not up to other people to forgive and forget your idiocy and move on. If you said something stupid, you have to correct the record yourself, not just expect other people to drop it.

On an unrelated note, I think one of the main reasons other people aren't protesting against Sylux's ban is because he isn't part of any real "in" group. He doesn't have 9 to 13 people in a discord to back him up regardless of what happens, and I do think that people who don't like him (rightly or wrongly) are going to try and use it against him. The best part is, I personally have witnessed other people within in groups trying to target Zack in order to set him off, and I myself was guilty of the same when I didn't really know much about him, which really leaves me no choice but to assume there's some form of bias here.

Sylux's supposed previous infractions are months old, and I doubt his intentions in this case were to do anything but swing back. Justifiably so in my opinion. If each party was given a day ban for bickering, whatever, but a month is too much to throw on a single individual regardless of past bans.

+1

Are you fricking kidding me HAHA

"The multiple issues include you going on an alternate account and being racist (including anonymous tip-offs and reports that I gave to I believe @Vexx though I may be mistaken),"

That is complete speculation from one of you kids making up rubbish, you can track ips silly gooses. It's fair to say you've lost all credibility in this response since you're now using idle rumours as a point to jusifty my ban. I will use your line of 'irrelevant' to rice gum as you can claim what's relevant and not for your own personal gain

[attach=full]32685[/attach]

I looked into it myself. It was you.

citations would be nice if you can/are allowed to provide them.

Unfortunately the discord where I posted it I'm not longer in. Myself being staff and @Vexx being the person I told (as I said I believe I told him) should be enough.

This is far from the first time I've had to warn either of you two about this behavior. If you genuinely do not understand how using a bind for the sole purpose of trying to agitate another player could be against the rules to not disrespect or troll someone then I don't even know where to begin. When someone is clearly upset for you doing such, how is it hard to understand to respect their wishes and not be a prick to them?

You use these binds for the sole purpose of trying to instigate a reaction from him as well as mock him, acting like a child repeating what someone else said.

Dec 3, 2017 3:48:32 pm 115

acache_xenogamers_com_cd317cbb3927fc26f8d1bb64f03c88d8ceb9f789e78d6ed1aaaa125297f81eb163922bc2.jpg.64a6eb28d12de6423575d2cb1135fe76.jpg

Zack the Sharko Can you not use that bind sylux?

Dec 3, 2017 3:48:38 pm 69

acache_xenogamers_com_de65a924965abde15ef8bd2e523988b26b6f7eca877e8360cd2d75a5d3d43eae86aa62bd.jpg.a6e24250d51816e4f48d6de451c03222.jpg

Sylux Zack the Sharko : Can you not use that bind sylux?

Dec 3, 2017 3:50:21 pm 69

acache_xenogamers_com_de65a924965abde15ef8bd2e523988b26b6f7eca877e8360cd2d75a5d3d43eae86aa62bd.jpg.a6e24250d51816e4f48d6de451c03222.jpg

Sylux Zack the Sharko : !calladmin

Dec 3, 2017 3:50:28 pm 69

Sylux Scalie Zack the Sharko : My grandpartents could easily kick your fucking ass kid

Dec 3, 2017 3:50:50 pm 115

acache_xenogamers_com_cd317cbb3927fc26f8d1bb64f03c88d8ceb9f789e78d6ed1aaaa125297f81eb163922bc2.jpg.64a6eb28d12de6423575d2cb1135fe76.jpg

Zack the Sharko Sylux is harassing me

Dec 3, 2017 3:51:10 pm 69

Sylux Zack the Sharko : Sylux is harassing me

It does not matter who started what, it's insane to think you would find this the appropriate way to behave towards someone else. You've straight up followed him to a different server in the past just so you could continue to disrupt and make fun of him.

Now in terms of your history, it's incredibly clear you've had issues with harassing others and trying to start shit on the server in the past. One could argue that people can change and thus their past history doesn't reflect on them now. Your actions are anything but. You've continued this incredibly toxic behavior both in the past, present, and in between and have been warned about it a mindful number of times. You are always responsible for your past grievances especially when you haven't changed from the behavior that lead to them at all. When these punishments that were placed against you in the past clearly did not affect this behavior that you are still displaying, a more severe punishment is the only thing that could be put in place. A slap on the wrist didn't work before, why would it work now?

If someone is bothering you and aren't breaking rules, you can clientside mute them. If they are breaking rules, you can report them. At no point should you ever try to "strike out" back at them. You clearly don't understand that.