Sylux

Sylux - Team Fortress 2

I'ma just start off my responses by saying my side of the situation. I had just logged onto tf2 when I had gotten a notification from a friend who was also on the server witnessing what was happening, who told me that sylux had been harassing zack with his binds. So I got to tgh and when I first get on the server I instantly hear basically the same thing over and over again which is zack yelling about how sylux should be banned for targeting him, trolling, and the such in game, which I do get his point that sylux had been trying to troll him, but we do have the friendly and client side mute which can be used for stuff as simple as this. What I saw on Sylux's side was that he was basically doing the bind and joking about zack complaining from him killing him and the bind, which for this it is still pretty bad, but it was still a bit overreaction on zacks side which he has done multiple times in the past and he definitely isn't really any better at times with his responses to people killing him or anything of the sort. So anyway I can instantly can tell that their argument was going nowhere as it was about something very basic and both were egging each other on so I warned them both to stop the fight now and not to talk to each other at all for the most part so that it would end the argument, otherwise I would gag them . Which they had stopped for about five minutes before Zack started going on again about how Sylux should be banned ignoring how I had told them both to stop, where sylux went on also calling zack a kid and saying how he is still talking to agitate zack so I decided to gag them both. Which after that Elcark joined and month banned sylux from previous offenses.

Also about the binds and warning him, when I first had gotten there the binds did not appear to be that bad to warrant that much concern but after a while of seeing the situation go on and being told by other staff about how it is a bit too much I then did warn him not to use the bind, which shouldn't have mattered much anyway considering both were supposed to not be talking to each other in general to stop them from instigating.

In my opinion they were both in the wrong here as you were fully aware about how you were egging him on and how he would respond to it, and how that does not give Zack an excuse to react the way he did either. So I see it that it should be -1 for unban but to me a week ban would be more justified considering both sides were at blame for the most part and it did not seem severe enough to jump from the previous day ban a year ago (yes I know that there is no decay and that he has had future altercations) to a month now, but then again everyone does have their own opinion for how bad something truly is so I do understand why others would see a month to be more suiting. Also about your ban request for Zack I would actually have to say +1 for atleast a day ban for some kind of real record, I know that he had received a day mute and does not get in trouble as much as you but he was not really any better with his reaction to Sylux's actions, and how this has happened multiple times in the past and never payed much mind for the most part.

Thank you krampus for telling me your side, a few questions though.. who is the friend who claims i 'harassing' zacko was it a furry - perhaps a friend of the furry gang or whatever you call them?

Yes zack was very quick to kick and shout how I should be banned etc when I muted him as he was not getting his way.

I'm sorry, I don't like getting into arguments here, but I can't with a good conscience support the idea of someone getting a month ban for using binds that some other player didn't like. Especially so in the case of Zack, like I have no problem with the dude, but he doesn't even try to be non-confrontational. He is by one of the most toxic and most dramatic of our semi-regular players, and most of the shit he gives people is almost always completely unprovoked.

Additionally calling direct quotes harassment is a real fucking stretch even if the player being quoted in question doesn't like it. Wikipedia pointing out that Michael Richards was in fact an idiot who shouted racially charged slurs via a direct quote isn't "harassment", it's not up to other people to forgive and forget your idiocy and move on. If you said something stupid, you have to correct the record yourself, not just expect other people to drop it.

On an unrelated note, I think one of the main reasons other people aren't protesting against Sylux's ban is because he isn't part of any real "in" group. He doesn't have 9 to 13 people in a discord to back him up regardless of what happens, and I do think that people who don't like him (rightly or wrongly) are going to try and use it against him. The best part is, I personally have witnessed other people within in groups trying to target Zack in order to set him off, and I myself was guilty of the same when I didn't really know much about him, which really leaves me no choice but to assume there's some form of bias here.

Sylux's supposed previous infractions are months old, and I doubt his intentions in this case were to do anything but swing back. Justifiably so in my opinion. If each party was given a day ban for bickering, whatever, but a month is too much to throw on a single individual regardless of past bans.

+1

Lan as the genuine and likeable guy you are I am very thankful you talked about the obvious issue outside of the thread. Never have I seen a moderator be so liked whilst being firm and fair on the rules, you have been single handily keeping players on the pkmn server as we all know it is sadly dying so I want to thank you for that here on the public forums.

I am definitely preaching against a mass who are heavily against me based on bias and I do not talk to any as I just enjoy the server. I hear from time to time how I am a topic of discussion of some sort of discord or some steam chat is sent to me but honestly it doesn't phase me. I knew being alone trying to stand up for yourself doesn't go a long way when a clan is split into groups, especially when you are protesting against one of the members in a group.

Zack is actively recognized for his behaviour but is it acceptable on him by his clique associates :thinking:

Thank you krampus for telling me your side, a few questions though.. who is the friend who claims i 'harassing' zacko was it a furry - perhaps a friend of the furry gang or whatever you call them?

Yes zack was very quick to kick and shout how I should be banned etc when I muted him as he was not getting his way.

It was just a friend of mine who was on the server who comes on every once and a while and just saw that Zack was trying to get in contact with staff and told me that which was all he did, so I doubt that he really had any real relations to Zack so it does not really matter who he is and I know that I definitely do not care much for him at all so it does not really affect my stance. I just see it that you were purposely trying to annoy him and have done it in the past which does warrant some kind of punishment, but I also believe that Zack shouldn't leave this relatively untouched for how he responds

I looked into it myself. It was you.

Of course you did buddy, show me some of this research you conducted.

Unfortunately the discord where I posted it I'm not longer in. Myself being staff and @Vexx being the person I told (as I said I believe I told him) should be enough.
Ahh typical!

This is far from the first time I've had to warn either of you two about this behavior. If you genuinely do not understand how using a bind for the sole purpose of trying to agitate another player could be against the rules to not disrespect or troll someone then I don't even know where to begin. When someone is clearly upset for you doing such, how is it hard to understand to respect their wishes and not be a prick to them?

You use these binds for the sole purpose of trying to instigate a reaction from him as well as mock him, acting like a child repeating what someone else said.

Dec 3, 2017 3:48:32 pm 115

[attach=full]32689[/attach]

Zack the Sharko Can you not use that bind sylux?

Dec 3, 2017 3:48:38 pm 69

[attach=full]32692[/attach]

Sylux Zack the Sharko : Can you not use that bind sylux?

Dec 3, 2017 3:50:21 pm 69

Sylux Zack the Sharko : !calladmin

Dec 3, 2017 3:50:28 pm 69

Sylux Scalie Zack the Sharko : My grandpartents could easily kick your fucking ass kid

Dec 3, 2017 3:50:50 pm 115

[attach=full]32689[/attach]

Zack the Sharko Sylux is harassing me

Dec 3, 2017 3:51:10 pm 69

Sylux Zack the Sharko : Sylux is harassing me

It does not matter who started what, it's insane to think you would find this the appropriate way to behave towards someone else. You've straight up followed him to a different server in the past just so you could continue to disrupt and make fun of him.

Now in terms of your history, it's incredibly clear you've had issues with harassing others and trying to start shit on the server in the past. One could argue that people can change and thus their past history doesn't reflect on them now. Your actions are anything but. You've continued this incredibly toxic behavior both in the past, present, and in between and have been warned about it a mindful number of times. You are always responsible for your past grievances especially when you haven't changed from the behavior that lead to them at all. When these punishments that were placed against you in the past clearly did not affect this behavior that you are still displaying, a more severe punishment is the only thing that could be put in place. A slap on the wrist didn't work before, why would it work now?

If someone is bothering you and aren't breaking rules, you can clientside mute them. If they are breaking rules, you can report them. At no point should you ever try to "strike out" back at them. You clearly don't understand that.

Ahh his royal highness has actually replied to my thread instead of telling others to say your messages, what a time to be alive!

Firstly zack has always approached me with the largest lack of respect and slurs when playing, I was bound to reply one day after he was complaining about dying in a game (he could use the !friendly command). Zack has never apologized due to egotism and claims others are the egotisical ones as they are now apologizing for fighting back against his bullying manorisms.

I explained in the first post (if you read it all) that I did not 'follow' him and that so many of his aligations are false. I have a banner on the bottom of my profile of the time spent on pkmn and the fact I went to another server with him there was purely coincidental. I do not have time to disprove all his bullshit and I'm sorry he's been able to manipualte you so much, thankfully when he was bossing krampus to ban me he actually didn't.

You claim who started it isn't RELEVANT, when someone joins the server cursing and giving players grief and the players who respond are penalisted for it based on them being in a friend group. I really wish voice chat was recorded :(

@LAN_Megalodon Thanks for sticking up the underdog but it is not fair you get dislike spammed by the winslow brothers for your opinion, I do appreciate your comment and I hope you will not be targeted for it.

-snip-

There is no need for these comments man. Vexx is a DL and I trust he remembers. Otherwise, it will still lead back to you being toxic on the servers again and resulting in a month ban.

I explained in the first post (if you read it all) that I did not 'follow' him and that so many of his aligations are false.

lol yes you did. I was fucking there. Yeah, you play on the server a lot, yet he left TGH which you both had been on and went to pokemon when it was completely empty at which point you followed him and immediately started shit up again.

Firstly zack has always approached me with the largest lack of respect and slurs when playing, I was bound to reply one day after he was complaining about dying in a game (he could use the !friendly command). Zack has never apologized due to egotism and claims others are the egotisical ones as they are now apologizing for fighting back against his bullying manorisms.

You claim who started it isn't RELEVANT, when someone joins the server cursing and giving players grief and the players who respond are penalisted for it based on them being in a friend group. I really wish voice chat was recorded :(

If someone is bothering you and aren't breaking rules, you can clientside mute them. If they are breaking rules, you can report them. At no point should you ever try to "strike out" back at them. You clearly don't understand that.

Ahh his royal highness has actually replied to my thread instead of telling others to say your messages, what a time to be alive!

Not going through everything you've said to others again, but could you perhaps stop being a jackass here? I don't think it's doing you any good.

Alright, first things first, Sylux you've been a troublemaker for as long as I can remember. If you look at your ban history, you have bans from several old staff members, first of which dates back to 2014. You clearly haven't seemed to have caught on within those 3 years, we've been very lenient on you with bans from the looks of it. -1 for unban, when people ask you to stop using binds for the sole purpose of agitating them, then have some respect and knock it off. Now I could be completely wrong, I haven't actually been on the server with you for a long time, so you may have improved, may not have. Maybe cool it on the servers a little bit and stop being so passive aggressive towards people, even if the things you say are just whatever to you some other people could take it the wrong way.

Now on the situation of Zack, if what you say is true then there's definite favoritism going on in terms of him not being punished in the same way you have been. I get Zack hasn't been banned before, but if hes gonna be on the server stirring up problems with people and the mutes clearly aren't doing anything to help, then something needs to change.

There is no need for these comments man. Vexx is a DL and I trust he remembers. Otherwise, it will still lead back to you being toxic on the servers again and resulting in a month ban.

We get that Vexx is a DL and you are an admin and I have utmost respect for that, but if there is literally no proof at all of these conversations/research then we can't base your claims as a root for punishment, or at least we SHOULDN'T.. As in the case of an actual court, unless there is evidence then nothing will happen and you lose the case, and some of the things you say could be considered slander. Now I know this isn't court, but doesn't this feel a little onesided? I would love to take your guys' word for it, but that would be unfair, as much as I'd hate to say it.

We get that Vexx is a DL and you are an admin and I have utmost respect for that, but if there is literally no proof at all of these conversations/research then we can't base your claims as a root for punishment, or at least we SHOULDN'T.. As in the case of an actual court, unless there is evidence then nothing will happen and you lose the case, and some of the things you say could be considered slander. Now I know this isn't court, but doesn't this feel a little onesided? I would love to take your guys' word for it, but that would be unfair, as much as I'd hate to say it.

No I agree with you. I'm just not part of the discord so I was hoping that someone from their discord could get it for me

Unfortunately, I only remember being told about that whole "alternate account racism" thing but don't exactly remember what happened or if it was even really his alt. The last ban you got for disrespect or "trolling" was last year, and that was only a day. Don't exactly understand the jump to a month ban, even if he had older bans for longer. As for Zack, I do know he's quite the toxic guy when he is on the server. I am honestly surprised in you guys only giving him a gag instead of a ban as well. From what I read there was a warning and it stopped there, so I don't exactly know why you guys did jump to a ban as quickly as you did without even kicking him beforehand. I do feel as though there is some unfairness in how the situation was handled, even if Sylux has a "history", Zack should be punished exactly the same.

+1 to drop the ban to at least a week, if not completely.

+1 to punish Zack with the same length, they're both in the wrong and should be treated with the same punishment for fairness.

Unfortunately, I only remember being told about that whole "alternate account racism" thing but don't exactly remember what happened or if it was even really his alt. The last ban you got for disrespect or "trolling" was last year, and that was only a day. Don't exactly understand the jump to a month ban, even if he had older bans for longer. As for Zack, I do know he's quite the toxic guy when he is on the server. I am honestly surprised in you guys only giving him a gag instead of a ban as well. From what I read there was a warning and it stopped there, so I don't exactly know why you guys did jump to a ban as quickly as you did without even kicking him beforehand. I do feel as though there is some unfairness in how the situation was handled, even if Sylux has a "history", Zack should be punished exactly the same.

+1 to drop the ban to at least a week, if not completely.

+1 to punish Zack with the same length, they're both in the wrong and should be treated with the same punishment for fairness.

I completely fail to see why because someone with an extensive ban history should affect someone else with a completely clean slate on their ban history. It is entirely unfair for someone's ban length to be affected because the other person is a troublemaker. I hate it because it seems like I'm being biased right now because it's Zack but I can assure you I'm not, I just don't understand why both parties should have the same length ban because one person has been in more trouble.

Take this for example: two players come on and start chat spamming. One of them has a day ban already, the other nothing. End result is they both get week banned.

This is exactly how it feels to be and I'm not sure if I'm missing the point?

It makes no sense to punish zack the same as sylux when they were not behaving in the same way at all. Both argued with each other over the issue, but that is where the similarities in their behavior end. Despite Sylux's claims to the contrary, every time this has happened that I've either seen in logs or first hand it has always been him instigating the issue and then further perpetuating it after zack takes the bait. Saying they stand on equal when one is clearly provoking the other is ridiculous. They may both be in the wrong, but not for the same problems.

The issue with the warning is again that this was not the first time this has happened, it has been going on for at least multiple weeks in which time there have been an abundance of warnings, zack has been gagged, and sylux kicked. Despite this, Sylux has refused to stop his needless harassment of someone else.

The difference in punishment lies both in where the individuals stand in their track records and in what they were doing. Zack has been gagged a single time for his part in the issue and should have been kicked in this instance for once again arguing after being ridiculed repeatedly. With him having left the server before the issue could be resolved a kick was thus redundant and the extended gag was used in place.

Sylux has not only been causing far more problems throughout, has been kicked for doing such, and clearly has a history of this kind of behavior. If his previous history had consisted of just the single day ban mentioned for similar behavior then this time frame would clearly be out of the question. That isn't his sole punishment for this. The majority of his multitude of bans have been for this kind of issue and he has shown to behave, even now in this thread, with the exact same kind of disrespect regardless of these punishments. I'll say again, if these punishments haven't taught him to improve himself, why would giving him the exact same ban mean anything to him now? If anything letting him off with yet another shorter punishment not only seems pointless but biased to overlook what he has done in the past when he is still doing it now.

I remain neutral on the main sylux situation, however +1 for an extension to Zack’s ban because, although like @Elcark said he wasn’t acting the same in this situation, he’s had way too many instances of toxicity and instigating in the past without punishment past gags and mutes.

I'm going to say it how it is Elcark, I don't like you and I never have and you don't like me and never have it's clear. You are good friends with zack because I joined tgh went it was just 3 players you and zack being on a team to start popluating the server. Even when he was flaming my team mate you both just casually laughed it off and you have always stuck out for him. I could argue with you forever about how he is the instigator and locals who saw would agree and you can argue forever that I am the instigtator and you have your furry friends to help.

I do believe i was never kicked or muted for any part in the zack situations, maybe if I was defending val but I can't see when I was kicked/gagged for zack discussions. :thinking: Again you can just make up your side like the 'following' situation when infact me and queen went there to duel because we were tired of his tgh rage, you will always say nono zack said this or no i saw this etc but at this point it's clear it's just a grudge. You are a DM and you have this bias, you are thinking for your friends first over the conrete facts and are doing all you can do to oppose it. There is a reason people are saying they just took zack's bullying :whistle: For the final time i'd like to state he was muted several times by mute client side when he was just flaming as there is little to no point when you just want to frag. 'clearly has a history of this kind of behavior. If his previous history had consisted of just the single day ban mentioned for similar behavior then this time frame would clearly be out of the quest' you are ignoring the history part still, honestly this is one of the most frustrating discussions as people are not listening.

As you stated lets not let this spiral out of control, which you claimed earlier but still replied even though I didn't to help de-escalate it all.