Sylux

Sylux - Team Fortress 2

[ATTACH=full]32709[/ATTACH]

Well said. My thoughts, quick and compressed: Was the ban justified?

Not really. Where do I start? If I recall correctly, we do a day -> a week -> a month. Were these steps followed? I don't think so. All bans that I am seeing are from about about a year ago (let's not take the ones for calladmin abuse into consideration, as that's a whole different topic). So we have one ban from 10-30-15 for disrespect. There is also the one from early this year which seems to be due to disrespect and calladmin abuse as well, though I don't know what exactly got him banned at the end. Only @Shadower may now. While I would rather give Sylux the benefit of the doubt, let's just assume it was for the same exact reason as yesterday - unless you want to take REALLY old bans into consideration, then there is no way a one month ban would be justified, as there was no recent week ban.

If you want to justify a month ban, then in my personal opinion using a week ban from 08-21-15 is a little week, as people change during two whole years. If you wanna say that he should have gotten a week earlier, that is fine but matter of fact, he hasn't and Sylux himself definitely cannot be held accountable for that. I'm also curious as to why Zac "only" got muted while Sylux was banned. Zac does not seem to be banned, however. Why is Sylux getting a ban and Zac just an extended mute? As far as I can tell, both are a part of the problem.

Is Sylux in the right here?

Definitely not. The fact that he made binds to specifically annoy that Zac guy is wrong and should not be condoned either. Comments like "zack if you pay me 20 keys i can teach you basic death match" are not helping Sylux's case either. I agree that Zac is definitely not in the right either, but it's just unnecessary on both sides. Someone should have tried to defuse the situation.

What should be done?

First things first I want to make it very clear that I am not speaking on behalf of anyone else. This is my own opinion and you can disagree with me all you want, but don't blame it on others if you do.

I think Sylux's ban should be reduced. I am curently not sure whether we should make it a day (or just unban him by the time this thread is closed) or a week. Looking at his past history, I can understand how some people want a longer ban, but I am not sure if a ban from 11 months ago that was not merely for disrespect is much of a reason to make it a week. This is something that higher ups need to discuss privately before coming to a conclusion.

However, a month is in my opinion too long. Zac on the other hand should either receive a day ban or a very clear warning.

I am going to enjoy the sweet disagree ratings, but let me tell you guys something: Pluralism is important in every aspect of decision making.

And I want to shoutout @ThunderLimes for making quite useful posts. Good job (y).

awww.reactiongifs.com_r_2013_06_Marty_McFly_What.gif.fd224b086630658039758974ac7414de.gif

Haha yeah Lan's crazy right? Yeah no, what I said is pretty reasonable. I'm not saying that nobody likes Sylux, I'm just saying I don't think he's actively a member of any of the main cliques that seem to plague this clan. Furthermore he alluded to someone telling him stuff through steam messages rather than say cough cough Discord, so idk, that seems to allude to the fact he doesn't have a group of people to support him at the drop of a pin.

So far, it's been agreed that the ban should be dropped down to a week/removed completely. As for Zack the Shark, a thread has been made for him by @Krampus in the ban request section: Pending - Zack the Shark - Team Fortress 2 | Xeno Gamers. I'll leave the thread open for a bit longer for any last opinions on the matter. Currently I'm +1 for removing the ban completely at this point, it's been a few days already.

So far, it's been agreed that the ban should be dropped down to a week/removed completely. As for Zack the Shark, a thread has been made for him by @Krampus in the ban request section: Pending - Zack the Shark - Team Fortress 2 | Xeno Gamers. I'll leave the thread open for a bit longer for any last opinions on the matter. Currently I'm +1 for removing the ban completely at this point, it's been a few days already.

It should stay at a week. His last ban was a day and he clearly broke the rules. Plus it makes for a lot simpler in the long run because if staff see that he was unbanned (as well as new staff) then they might think this ban his invalid so they ban them for a week again.

It should stay at a week. His last ban was a day and he clearly broke the rules. Plus it makes for a lot simpler in the long run because if staff see that he was unbanned (as well as new staff) then they might think this ban his invalid so they ban them for a week again.

That's why we put the "unban reason" as a link to this thread.