Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Vaporeon

Identity:

Position:

Time Active:

5 years (approximately)

Experience:

I held the moderator position in this division before for half a year before stepping down.

Donated:

Yes

Information:

Multiple people have told me I should re-apply for mod, so here I go.

I want to be able to help moderate in the off-hours when other staff aren't usually online. I want to be able to make the servers more enjoyable for everyone.

No he absolutely did not.

In fairness to vaporeon, i will give my experience when he was staff member. My experience with him as staff members was largly negative, there were times where i felt i was getting wrongfully targeted by vaporeon by the smallest shit that ranged from just cussing to throwing bantz toward my friends, even after i explained to him a number of times that they were my buddies and for some reason would always try to push me by doing silly shit like taunting after kills and other little things to get under my skin. Also, every damn time someone would talk about his vore sprays in disgust he would get incredibly defensive and usually cause some silly shit. Now is it entirely his fault? No. Some comments were really mean and vaporeon didn't deserve them. However, these people would be muted for causing a ruckus (i believe i was muted myself at one point and i had to talk to a higher up, however feel free to exclude this because i can't remember completely, i believe it was scootaloo who had to get involved). Some were deserved, some weren't but it begs the question if you have a controversial spray that you know will disgust people, perhaps you should change it? Because at that point in my honest opinion it feels like your baiting and just asking for shit to start. You can have a vore fetish and by all means, have fun getting off to that shit but in this environment where you are in control of people and wish for them to keep in an orderly fashion, it would be wise to just change it something else like a vaporeon skin. because it gets to the point where people are just gonna throw shit at you or just get very uncomfortable with it. I mean, his last mod tenure ended with him getting incredibly frustrated and stepping down after he kept trying to say his spray was a "political statement" or some silly shit like that. I feel it's very valid for people to bring up his vore sprays as an issue of concern, but meme responses are retarded and add nothing. I won't vouch because i don't think it's fair for me to +1 or -1 because i haven't seen him play recently (nor have i been on the servers) so i cannot comment if he actually has matured. Good luck vaporeon with your application. If you have improved on your attitude and take my advice to heart then i don't see how you can't be mod. Hopefully shit goes better this time if you are willing to put in the effort to compromise with people who have issues with your spray and or attitude.

In fairness to vaporeon, i will give my experience when he was staff member...

I may not agree with you on a lot of fronts, but I really appreciate the constructive criticism here. I got frustrated with a lot of players while moderating, you especially, and vented that frustration very poorly. My sprays aren't meant to bait people or anything of the sort, but I see how it can be viewed that way. I'll probably tone them down in the future. Thanks again for the feedback!

Going to point out that saying "he uses vore" is at least a semi-valid reason to -1 someone. I believe staff should have a decent grasp on the rules themselves, otherwise there should be no reason they should have staff. Something about the idea of having a staff member breaking rules seems out of place to me, I see there has been some warnings given out over this exact subject but I felt the need to elaborate further.

Vaporeon should read up on the rules of the servers and make sure he is not violating any of them before applying. Him having to be warned for inappropriate sprays/profile pictures makes me question the idea of giving him staff. It makes me think that he may be a bit too lenient with other players on rule-breaking (but sprays/avatars is the main one). He has said something in the post above about him having trouble controlling his anger towards other players which also gets me a bit nervous about the idea of giving him staff.

I will remain neutral only for the reason that I do not believe I have encountered him enough to get an idea of what he is like on the servers.