Vaporeon

Add koth_trainsawlaser to the TGH rotation.

Do it?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do it?

• No
    • Yes

KotH - Trainsawlaser

A fun map where you can't take two steps without inexplicably being sawed in half. It isn't directly taken from any game, but neither are trade_mascc or the cyberpunk maps for that matter. It's already uploaded to the server, so it would be a simple matter to add it into the selectable rotation.

I think I'd prefer this on uber upgrades personally.

Agreed, but if it makes in on to the main server, I would like to vote to enable the objective on this map by default.

It isn't directly taken from any game, but neither are trade_mascc or the cyberpunk maps for that matter.

The difference with those two maps is that they at least have SOMETHING to do with a game. Trainsawlazer is just a meme map, it has nothing to do with games at all.

Trainsawlaser might be fun but it doesn't belong on TGH. The map itself as you said might not be related to any game in particular just as Mascc or Cyberpunk I myself am still wondering how those two made it on the server, but that's not enough of a reason to add a map that's even more so ridiculous than those two. Also it should be noted that the map itself is somewhat irritating to play on, for some people it's not even fun it's just obnoxious and annoying. Anytime I bring it up on the server I do so ironically. There is absolutely no good reason for this map to be added so all-in-all I'm against it.

The map itself as you said might not be related to any game in particular just as Mascc or Cyberpunk I myself am still wondering how those two made it on the server...

Cyberpunk apparently takes elements from many different games and mashes them together to make the glory and terror that is Cyberpunk. I agree with you about MassCC, but the map creator gave xG explicit permission to use it so it's kinda stuck there.

Anyway, I agree that the chaos of trainsawlaser can be super fun sometimes, kinda like that one map on Surf. But it just ... it doesn't have anything to do with a retro game, which is the whole "theme" of the server. Maybe Uber Upgrades would be a better host for this map. I'm staying neutral on this one.