Kypari

Suggestion - Timer before we start voting to change map

Add a timer just after the last person !rtv's (10 seconds or something)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Add a timer just after the last person !rtv's (10 seconds or something)

I was watching a stream today when the server the streamer was playing on started to do this:

ai.imgur.com_NAfZp8L.gif.ec76098d1567af1d4ca64bd731265077.gif

After counting down it did the map select menu when you !rtv as normal.

I think if we can get something like this on our servers it would prove to be a really handy thing since I've noticed a bunch of people complain in the past about switching weapons with 1 2 and 3 and then ending up voting for a map instead of changing weapon, so they end up possibly dying or being a bit annoyed. Something like this would really help stop that from happening! Maybe a possible sound que too, like the announcer counting down from 5 to 1!

Thoughts?

Yes, on top of this helping to not interrupt the flow of the game for players, it would also encourage actually looking through and selecting a map instead of just instinctively choosing option one.

Aye nice, would be great to have so people can know in advance that the map is changing to be ready and possibly have some time to nominate something for the next round so +1

Bumping this, vote has passed.

@Vexx @mrnutty12 @Elcark @Vargas @virr

Any chance we could have something like this implemented? Thanks!

Yup, it's been looked into. Can't say myself how long or easy it will be to do, but it's not being ignored (y).