Kitten

Direct Hit or Standard Rocket L?

A friend and I were talking about Soldier and he was getting a bit angry with me using the direct hit. It's my favorite weapon and allows me to have the upper advantage(when I know how to aim owo). The standard rocket launcher is easier to use but I still love the direct hit because mmm, them airshots are satisfying... amirite? >:o If anyone else uses the direct hit, you're amazing. Please do tell me your favorite rocket launcher(s)!~♥

The direct hit is bad manners in one-on-one dm, partially because most of its upsides are only applicable in dm, and partially because people want to practice with the rocket launcher that will probably be best in most situations, but if someone switches to dh you kind of force your dm partner's hand into also playing dh. 

As for favorite rocket launcher, the bazooka is the greatest weapon ever developed by mankind as it seperates the waddling turbo-spam virgins from the flying-eagle chads.

The Direct Hit is definitely not as good as the stock rocket launcher, cow mangler or original. However, it's a hell of a lot of fun to use! I personally like using the Rocket Launcher as I enjoy using what is competitively the most viable and also I got my strange one a long time ago

Well, begger’s Bazooka is REALLY fun to jump with, especially if you pair it with ramps/inclines to slide up and create a jump run of sorts. 

Only time I put the DH to its full potential is when I am playing 1v1 Endif(airshotting arena) with a friend. Airshotting is its main attraction in my opinion. Besides being a Pyro main, Soldier is my go to class to really get some damage done if all goes bad with Pyro. 

4 minutes ago, Kypari said:

The Direct Hit is definitely not as good as the stock rocket launcher, cow mangler or original. However, it's a hell of a lot of fun to use! I personally like using the Rocket Launcher as I enjoy using what is competitively the most viable and also I got my strange one a long time ago

I agree, stock is pretty good. It’s just that the direct hit is much more... rewarding in a sense of air shots or just one hit kills on a direct impact, which is the weapons main focus. 

2 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Well, begger’s Bazooka is REALLY fun to jump with, especially if you pair it with ramps/inclines to slide up and create a jump run of sorts. 

Only time I put the DH to its full potential is when I am playing 1v1 Endif(airshotting arena) with a friend. Airshotting is its main attraction in my opinion. Besides being a Pyro main, Soldier is my go to class to really get some damage done if all goes bad with Pyro. 

That there is how you lose friends really quickly, you can already be really dirty on endif and direct hit just makes the bm on that stage even easier.

5 minutes ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

That there is how you lose friends really quickly, you can already be really dirty on endif and direct hit just makes the bm on that stage even easier.

Shhhhhhhhh, I know :3 I only play endif when I want to practice, not prove my dominance. 

I use the direct hit to clear out scouts and snipers easy peasy. Otherwise, for classes with more than 125 HP, I go with stock or mangler. DH is ridiculously fun against low hp, low mobility classes like snipers- just blowing them away in one shot. Very satisfying. 

Favorite thing to do with the direct hit is to bully heavies and kill the low hp class that is about to make it to the health pack.. but I kill them before they reach it >:3 Mwuahahaha

rocket launcher is much more well-rounded for dealing with every class and its versatility is what makes soldier a very strong class. direct hit is too extreme, you either miss and you die or it works and you're a hero. also hurts that its only good for focusing on single players as opposed to controlling space and threatening multiple targets.

i only roll direct hit if i feel like i have to be a one man army and take down high health classes like heavies or other soldiers by myself, the increased damage and higher dps helps a lot dealing with them without the help of others or a medic.

Edited by Dark (see edit history)