Tatost

Locking boss in taunt in FF2

Rule: Locking bosses in taunt kills should not be allowed  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Yes, or no?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/18 at 11:30 PM

really hate when snipers lock bosses in huntsman taunt kills, it's annoying, and there's really no way to get out of it unless you have the conga. Then again, that solution is complete bull because it adds a pay-to-win aspect to our servers. Just because the boss fucks up royally does not mean he should be ruthlessly murdered by the entire enemy team while incapacitated. @bagggel and @BonfireCentiped can both tell you how pissed off I was when this happened to me earlier today. Prior to this, I had actually thought there was already a rule against it, but I guess not.

@Vexx @mrnutty12 @Kypari @Krampus @Vargas @Caleb956 @grap_grop @Elcark 

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

It's the hales own fault they get locked in a stunlock, the taunt is super slow and only swings once just barely in front of the sniper.

It really isn't a problem since you can just avoid the sniper and just not get hit by the stun.

Also teammates need to cooperate too which not always happens, for example a machine slap heavy could easily just shoot hale out of it, or a demoknight swings and knocks the hale away

Some bosses can even rage out of it like Falcon, Knight, Phoenix Wright, etc

This isn't a big deal and doesn't need a rule specifically to not do this. 

I can see where the frustration comes from, but I don't think a rule prohibiting people from even doing it is fair.  The taunt itself is very easy to avoid, so if the hale walks into it, then he should get punished by the reds for doing so.. or at least that's how I'm thinking of this.  It's pretty tough to pull off a taunt trap the way it is, and if the sniper can consistently hit the huntsman taunt on you then he should definitely be rewarded.

-1 for the reasons stated above

Bleh. I can see why it's frustrating but honestly it's just like wobbling in smash melee to me: if you get taunt-stunned, it's your own fault unfortunately. It's not easy to pull off in the first place and generally would kill you unless you're on some maps like the night barn map thing. For these reasons I will -1

+1

The only reason i'm +1'ing this is because of crouch areas in maps where if you get a short circuit engineer to stun him so he cant move then get a huntsman sniper to walk up and taunt your win is guaranteed. The only way out of these stunlocks are rages that do damage to people around the boss.

Edited by Thunder (see edit history)

Eh this is pretty dumb in general but eh I don't really think it should be banned itself since like it rarely even occurs and like everyone else said, it's mainly on the hales fault himself for falling into it and not paying attention. To me this is just another gimmick on ff2 that barely ever works, such as telefragging, and doesn't really need to be banned itself. Also 

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

you get a short circuit engineer to stun him so he cant move

tf2 itself nerfed this so it's not really as much of a problem anymore as it takes like 60 ammo to shoot one ball and it lasts like literally no time now. But barn house still is annoying for doing the taunt trap in that one tunnel

2 hours ago, Krampus said:

tf2 itself nerfed this so it's not really as much of a problem anymore as it takes like 60 ammo to shoot one ball and it lasts like literally no time now. But barn house still is annoying for doing the taunt trap in that one tunnel

I can't remember for sure, but I thought it was the primary fire of the short circuit and not just the secondary?

Even then -1

I just, for the most part, don't see this being that big of a problem. In most cases, if you fall for something like this, you deserved it. And on maps that have vents maybe the player controlling the boss should take out engies first.

for what Caleb stated;

5 hours ago, Caleb956 said:

I can see where the frustration comes from, but I don't think a rule prohibiting people from even doing it is fair.  The taunt itself is very easy to avoid, so if the hale walks into it, then he should get punished by the reds for doing so.. or at least that's how I'm thinking of this.  It's pretty tough to pull off a taunt trap the way it is, and if the sniper can consistently hit the huntsman taunt on you then he should definitely be rewarded.

-1 because the issues with stunlocking can almost always be narrowed down to the faults of the map. Very narrow, unfun corridors (like on Barn as mentioned before) are prime spots for huntsman snipers, though even then, stunlocks happen way too infrequently to have a track record as an overpowered or broken “mechanic.”