hongkongatron

Remove Rando Melee Crit on AllTrade

Remove melee crits on trade servers?  

40 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. remove?

• no
    • yes

Although many people (Shwoosh ;)) enjoy stickyjumping into people to crit them, all other random melee critical hits were removed to meet both sides halfway as a compromise. Critical hits have always been amazing to get, but annoying to be on the receiving side of, so it's particularly obnoxious when someone is rewarded for walking at you, mindlessly swinging their melee weapon. Taking triple the damage for no reason other than pure luck isn't fun.

+ 1 get on the right side of history my dudes. 

On a more serious note, when I'm not on my phone I can make a very mathematical post on how the likelihood of dissatisfaction with random crits for any individual is more likely than satisfaction 

3 minutes ago, LemonVolt said:

-1 how about dont get hit, or just leave the base game the way it's supposed to be

I’d rather not be saying that as if “just don’t get hit lmaoooo” is significant. We signed up for something different to the base game when we got a surf server, custom maps, plugins, etc. 

15 minutes ago, LemonVolt said:

-1 how about dont get hit, or just leave the base game the way it's supposed to be

"Remove rtd and spawn protection, leave the base game the way it should be" 

On an unrelated note "don't get hit" is the most absurd advice when the entire game is hitscan and aoe attacks. Hitscan you literally can't dodge, you can just bait the enemy into missing. 

If stock rotation really takes off I honestly wouldn't mind re enabling crits on our silly fun trade servers, but at the moment this is about the most competitive our community's got, and judging by the amount of actual trading that occurs on any server nowadays, most people who join are just doing so to dm with other community members.

Edited by LAN_Megalodon (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, LemonVolt said:

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from (though there are things like rtd and goomba that completely contradict you) and I'm mostly indifferent in the first place, but imo adding RNG elements into a skill based game is never a good idea anyway. Even if TF2 is meant to be a funny joke game with cool hats and fun mechanics like jumping across the map, exploding someone and yourself and then doing it again, it can be a funny game without the RNG that so many people complain about. Besides, TF2 is still a skill-based game, otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell the good people from those who are bad

6 minutes ago, Shadower said:

idk if random bullet spread is enabled, then fudge you random crits should be enabled. but I dont even know if rand bullet spread is enabled.

They're disabled

7 minutes ago, Elcark said:

xG is my favorite comp scene

I don't play competitively. I play to have fun, and random crits can be really frustrating personally.

9 minutes ago, Kypari said:

I don't play competitively. I play to have fun, and random crits can be really frustrating personally.

Personally being the keyword. Not everyone's definition of fun is the same and some people will be frustrated to tears by things others have no concern over. Melee, regardless of how certain situations can sneak up on you, is something that has a very obvious disadvantage in a game that has any form of ranged answer to it. One of the arguing points made to keep random crits on melee weapons was that melee would effectively become useless without them, which they become even less noteworthy when you take into account that it's not something that happens on a large percentage of melee swings in the first place. Randoms crits are something that due to being in the game for so long people have become accustomed to, and though cries against it happen people are always going to be louder about what they have disdain for then that which they like. 

1 hour ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

"Remove rtd and spawn protection, leave the base game the way it should be" 

Re-enabling all random crits then.

7 minutes ago, Elcark said:

Randoms crits are something that due to being in the game for so long people have become accustomed to, and though cries against it happen people are always going to be louder about what they have disdain for then that which they like. 

This is an easy decision that, depending how you look at it and how irritable you are as a person, could be viewed as reducing the amount of complaining.

10 minutes ago, grap_grop said:

This is an easy decision that, depending how you look at it and how irritable you are as a person, could be viewed as reducing the amount of complaining.

That's contrary to the point, being which the level of complaint isn't a perfect reflection of the backing to it when measured by volume. When you have a room of ten people and one is shouting over the rest, it's not exactly a perfect solution to due what the one wants just to shut them up.