EatPant

surf. we doing an event

im just gonna read creepy pastas. go on if you want idc

-EatPant

1 hour ago, EatPant said:

im just gonna read creepy pastas. go on if you want idc

-EatPant

Wouldn't this be considered spam?

5 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Wouldn't this be considered spam?

EDIT: I guess I should probably explain. Reading stories over the mic is essentially the same thing as playing music through your phone on the mic. If it was/is considered spam, I also believe that votes allowing this would also be rendered null. I was told that I couldn't make votes to let someone spam when I was staff, and I don't believe that's changed.

@Kypari @Caleb956 @Elcark @mrnutty12

7 hours ago, Tatost said:

EDIT: I guess I should probably explain. Reading stories over the mic is essentially the same thing as playing music through your phone on the mic. If it was/is considered spam, I also believe that votes allowing this would also be rendered null. I was told that I couldn't make votes to let someone spam when I was staff, and I don't believe that's changed.

@Kypari @Caleb956 @Elcark @mrnutty12

6 hours ago, Johny3Tears said:

its allowed with 70% vote as long as theres no staff veto @Tatost

Pretty much what Seg said. 70% votes make this fine. Of course, there are lines for votes that literally break rules, but reading stuff on mic is definitely not on the same level as say HEY EVERYONE LET'S SPAWNKILL ON SURF ? so it's fine as long as there's a vote ^^

Would be funny if he made this thread and he did a vote on the server and it didn't get 70% though

Imo I feel like it shouldn't be allowed due to some of the things @Tatost said.

A new player could join the server and think ''oh snap we can micspam/dj on this server? EPIC!!!'' and think its okay to micspam. I understand we have rules set in !motd for that but do you think anyone truly reads the !motd? 

Also another problem with having these ''story times'' or whatnot, is that it stops people from being able to talk on the server through voice chat. I remember seeing people get muted just because some dude wanted to do some dumb fan fiction reading or something. I think its pretty silly to mute someone who's actually trying to talk and socialize rather than allow someone to essentially micspam and have it be okay.

This also ties in with what I said above; on top of new players joining, sometimes they join and don't understand what's going on and try to talk on the mic but get a warning for ''talking over people'' when they're just ignorant to the fact that they made a vote for a specific person to micspam. 

This creates quite the problem imo and I know its fun for you and your friends to have story time on the server but if people really want to have a true story time, they can easily just go in a discord call or something and have it there rather than disrupt the entire server. I think we should ultimately remove the ability for people to make votes like this. no more fun ?