ProjectXenome

Denied Memership

I was denied from being a member again after leaving, it's a shame. All I wanted to do was have fun on the server but as soon as something goes wrong you're thrown away. What happened was small compared to what I seen other members and even staff do and was never a problem with other users or even staff that were present. Not to deny their severity but the incompetence of some of the staff to attend to the matter during it is sorta ridiculous and leaves to a lot of miscommunication with what's acceptable. Even just me being present on the server and talking is taken with over exaggeration from a few users with claims of toxicity despite me never being outright toxic or even passive aggressive, how ever I seen plenty of staff and other members portray a worse tone. I know I could just reapply in 30 days but being denied a membership implies that you aren't wanted. That they're aren't wanted to be associated with this community, to have a stupid tag by your name or have a tag on the forums that almost nobody uses. I don't plan on leaving again and I'm not too bothered by it, but I just find it quite sad seeing as I spent so much time in the server and even donated, albeit small amounts.

This just show's if you're someone new to the server and want to work your way up then you have to be perfect. Unless you're friends with anyone or not try to go against the grain only a little to have fun then you aren't really wanted here. You're better off not trying.

I'm not sure how much you understand the membership application process. If you have never been a member of xG before, you can apply and get in as long as you have no -1s, pretty simple. However, for someone who has left/been kicked out of the community, you need 5 positive vouches of which at least 2 must be from a Higher Up (Division Manager or higher) for your application to be accepted. You didn't get yourself noticed enough by the other higherups to a degree where they felt as if they could positively or negatively vouch for you. You need to make a better impression on the higherups if you want to get back into xG, which may I remind you that you left more than likely due to not getting staff.

On the note about staff and how they act, if there are any staff members acting poorly then please get a demo of send a message to a higherup. If that person is a higherup, get a demo and send it to another higherup.

15 minutes ago, Kypari said:

I'm not sure how much you understand the membership application process. If you have never been a member of xG before, you can apply and get in as long as you have no -1s, pretty simple. However, for someone who has left/been kicked out of the community, you need 5 positive vouches of which at least 2 must be from a Higher Up (Division Manager or higher) for your application to be accepted. You didn't get yourself noticed enough by the other higherups to a degree where they felt as if they could positively or negatively vouch for you. You need to make a better impression on the higherups if you want to get back into xG, which may I remind you that you left more than likely due to not getting staff.

On the note about staff and how they act, if there are any staff members acting poorly then please get a demo of send a message to a higherup. If that person is a higherup, get a demo and send it to another higherup.

Can you please direct me to where that information of returning members is easily accessible and what steps to take to find it as this had never been information that has been stated anywhere that I've seen on the forms or severs itself. I feel like this is information that should be upfront where it's necessary. I don't know how anyone can expect people, especially relatively new people to know that information especially with how the forums are designed.

Just now, ProjectXenome said:

Can you please direct me to where that information of returning members is easily accessible and what steps to take to find it as this had never been information that has been stated anywhere that I've seen on the forms or severs itself. I feel like this is information that should be upfront where it's necessary. I don't know how anyone can expect people, especially relatively new people to know that information especially with how the forums are designed.

It's said in the membership submission rules... found here.

Yeah if you have any issues or concerns, you could always talk to a higher up (dm, dl, cm, cl) about any problems you're having with staff and if so please provide actual examples/evidence of the problem.

3 minutes ago, YeEternalTuna said:

It's said in the membership submission rules... found here.

Yeah if you have any issues or concerns, you could always talk to a higher up (dm, dl, cm, cl) about any problems you're having with staff and if so please provide actual examples/evidence of the problem.

Wish there was an actual web designer to create a real forums for this community. Having to go through 4 different pages and sift though a bunch of posts isn't really practical, but what can you really do.

I'll make sure I have something prepared in terms of evidence in the future. I wasn't really using this post to call out any moment or person in particular rather as a general experience and my thoughts as of this moment. I enjoy this server still and I want it to get better, I think a lot of things could be changed for the better.

15 minutes ago, ProjectXenome said:

Wish there was an actual web designer to create a real forums for this community. Having to go through 4 different pages and sift though a bunch of posts isn't really practical, but what can you really do.

I'll make sure I have something prepared in terms of evidence in the future. I wasn't really using this post to call out any moment or person in particular rather as a general experience and my thoughts as of this moment. I enjoy this server still and I want it to get better, I think a lot of things could be changed for the better.

Our leader is an actual web designer and has coded this from scratch lol. Going to Member Submission and clicking on the stickied posts that says "guidelines" is pretty practical in my opinion and hasn't been an issue for majority of the people who apply.

The fact that we need 2 higher ups to +1 you if you leave even on good terms can be something we discuss, but aside from that, we have made getting membership very lenient compared to the past, and we want people to represent us positively at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, ProjectXenome said:

denied a membership implies that you aren't wanted.

No it means that you have to work on stuff. The only reason you think this, is because YOU feel like we hate you.

I'm not too bothered by it

You actually seem upset over being denied. Literally no reason to be upset. 

even donated

Spending money doesn't mean you get a free membership card. It means your helping xG pay for servers, the site, etc.
Knowing people and actually socializing with the community in a positive manner gets you in.

This just show's if you're someone new to the server and want to work your way up then you have to be perfect.

Again, no. No one who joins is "perfect". Almost everyone here started at the bottom and worked their way to membership by BECOMING friends with other members.
I literally started out as a random and worked myself into the community. Christ, I worked all the way up to a division manager.

Now you're going to regret making this thread because you assumed the worst and in turn makes you look like a fool. 
I'm kind of sorry, kind of not sorry for the tone of my reply. Your ignorance just seems silly and left a really bad taste in my mouth. Work on the stuff people suggested and you're bound to get into xG when you re-apply.

Edited by Goblins
big mike (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Goblins said:

even donated

Spending money doesn't mean you get a free membership card.

Please don't put words in my mouth. That's not what I meant at all. Seems like you taken this real personally and I don't understand why, I'm sorry if I upset you.

14 minutes ago, ProjectXenome said:

Please don't put words in my mouth. That's not what I meant at all. Seems like you taken this real personally and I don't understand why, I'm sorry if I upset you.

His entire post was seemingly meant to point out how you are taking things far too personally and had very little regard towards himself so that's a fairly odd conclusion to come to. It seems rather hypocritical for you to be offended by his interpretation of what your statement insinuated then make pretty baseless assumptions towards him. That actually goes a lot into how a lot of this is being taken by you since your mod application, you really don't seem to take criticism well in the least bit.

No one is trying to attack you baselessly, but instead are pointing out issues they believe need to be worked on. This community is actually incredibly forgiving in letting people have second chances, but it is ultimately on you to actually  be mindful of how your behavior is being taken by everyone else and try to improve yourself from there.

5 hours ago, ProjectXenome said:

I was denied from being a member again after leaving, it's a shame.

Not really a shame if you left after leaving a bad impression on everyone with your staff application.

ll I wanted to do was have fun on the server but as soon as something goes wrong you're thrown away.

You left of your own volition, I don't know what you mean by "thrown away."

Not to deny their severity but the incompetence of some of the staff to attend to the matter during it is sorta ridiculous and leaves to a lot of miscommunication with what's acceptable.

what

Even just me being present on the server and talking is taken with over exaggeration from a few users with claims of toxicity despite me never being outright toxic or even passive aggressive, how ever I seen plenty of staff and other members portray a worse tone.

I can't really say anything about what you do on the servers, as I don't play on the same server as you and I honestly don't really care. However, I can tell you that you were not the nicest person in your staff app. To me, you can off as ignorant, rude and immature.

I know I could just reapply in 30 days but being denied a membership implies that you aren't wanted.

No, it doesn't. It means that you need to work on things, prove yourself to the higherups and be less transparent on the servers. You didn't get enough vouches, which means people don't really know you. Speak and interact more often.

That they're aren't wanted to be associated with this community, to have a stupid tag by your name or have a tag on the forums that almost nobody uses.

It almost seems as though you're angry that you didn't get accepted into this community that you dislike. The tag is optional, no one cares about it that much. People only use it to represent the servers or even prove their dominance over those who aren't in the community. Plenty of people use the forums, but some of them don't even post at all, I really don't know what you mean. You couldn't be more wrong, in the last few days activity has been increasing at alarming rates.

I don't plan on leaving again and I'm not too bothered by it, but I just find it quite sad seeing as I spent so much time in the server and even donated, albeit small amounts.

You don't plan on leaving the community you said was stupid anyway, okay, whatever floats your boat I guess. You wouldn't have even made this post if you weren't bothered. Goblin already talked about this last section, so I don't think I really need to delve into that.

This just show's if you're someone new to the server and want to work your way up then you have to be perfect.

Not a single person in this community is perfect

Unless you're friends with anyone or not try to go against the grain only a little to have fun then you aren't really wanted here. You're better off not trying.

This is so terribly worded that I can't even read it without getting lost and winding up in the Forbidden Forest.

2 hours ago, Tatost said:

This is so terribly worded

Either translating everything or using spellcheck to fix gibberish

In regards to everything @ProjectXenome has said, I've been permabanned, got on an alt and got permabanned, not once but like 10 times, I've done things you wont imagine, but I am a member now, probably just a fluke I don't know dude.

Stop being ignorant saying fix this, he did that, why not him, I donated.

I don't see the goal of this post tbh you're just being ridiculous and I am assuming the server that you are on is Surf or not even TF2 because I've never seen you before

6 minutes ago, Caribou said:

In regards to everything @ProjectXenome has said, I've been permabanned, got on an alt and got permabanned, not once but like 10 times, I've done things you wont imagine, but I am a member now, probably just a fluke I don't know dude.

Stop being ignorant saying fix this, he did that, why not him, I donated.

I don't see the goal of this post tbh you're just being ridiculous and I am assuming the server that you are on is Surf or not even TF2 because I've never seen you before

Referencing these quotes since I forgot to put them in on mobile :

8 hours ago, ProjectXenome said:

Even just me being present on the server and talking is taken with over exaggeration from a few users with claims of toxicity despite me never being outright toxic or even passive aggressive

8 hours ago, ProjectXenome said:

8 minutes ago, Caribou said:

How can you translate what you don't understand? Spellcheck can't save me now : (