Bags

Get rid of spawn protection

Get rid of spawn protection  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should spawn protection be removed?

• Yes
    • No

I'm gonna go ahead and be honest here, no one likes spawn protection. I don't like it, you don't like it, no one likes it. As much as everyone dislikes it, it's a necessity. Spawn Protection has always had one function and one function only. To break spawn camps and deter spawn killers. Does it reliably work? No. Is it something that should be removed because it gives your opponent an advantage? No. Is something worth keeping on the server? Yes. I would argue that spawn protection is probably one of most loved/hated things on the server but it's required in order to stop people from dying when they're only halfway out the door. The fact that people still continue to die even after they've had a chance to break a spawn camp goes to show that the "benefit" of removing it doesn't outweigh the advantage it gives to the losing team. There's not much else to be said than what's already been said before by everyone else. If anything the only time I can imagine spawn protection serving it's purpose well and reliably is when teams aren't completely stacked and the camper in question is right up next to the door where you're at your "strongest". 5 Seconds may also seem like a lot but it's really not much to work with especially if the camp itself is pretty strong. The fact that hardly anyone ever coordinates an attack until well into like and hour also means people just constantly throw themselves into whatever is on the other side without any backup half the time. If spawn protection was removed these problems would just get far worse. Asking to remove it because it didn't do enough for the team or because it's unfair is ridiculous. Also chances are, if you're dealing with someone who has spawn protection you probably shouldn't be in that area in the first place.

Even though i'd personally love spawn protect to just get removed fully we need to keep it because it's more frustrating to die as soon as you spawn to a unforeseeable sticky trap or something than someone running out of spawn and killing you with spawn protect which is easily avoided by just staying further away from spawn if it becomes a reoccurring problem to you dying

and even then there's some maps where spawn protect will most likely fade before you even leave spawn unless you're a scout and go straight outside (realms, delivery, outset, jolly rodger)

I think spawn protection should be longer then it is now it's way too short to help you in any sort of meaningful way.

So, -1

But, I hate it when I would get a kill but the person lives because of spawn protection.