Spirit

What's your mic setup?

Used to use the mic that was integrated into my laptop, though that was really shit - picked up all sorts of vibrations from the desk as well as key clicks.

Just upgraded to a Blue Snowball Ice, with a suspension mic stand that hangs down from a shelf above my desk, and I'm pretty damn happy with how much of an upgrade it is.

Laptop mic and a pair of supermarket headphones. Let's go lads.

Seriously bad issue where if I use my mic on tf2, discord chat can be heard through it. Anyone know a fix? Not sure if it's to do with me using my laptop mic, but I'm pretty brain dead when it comes to this kind of thing

On 10/8/2018 at 9:36 PM, Tekage said:

Laptop mic and a pair of supermarket headphones. Let's go lads.

Seriously bad issue where if I use my mic on tf2, discord chat can be heard through it. Anyone know a fix? Not sure if it's to do with me using my laptop mic, but I'm pretty brain dead when it comes to this kind of thing

You mean like you can hear Discord in the background, or your OS somehow mixes in the audio output of Discord?

I was going to suggest using headphones to combat 1, but you already do .. that's just an odd issue.

2 hours ago, RealChance said:

You mean like you can hear Discord in the background, or your OS somehow mixes in the audio output of Discord?

I was going to suggest using headphones to combat 1, but you already do .. that's just an odd issue.

Problem is fixed as I got a new headset. I now use a Nubwo N7 and with the £22 I spent for fantasy mic and sound quality, I'm very happy ?

On 10/14/2018 at 12:38 PM, Tekage said:

Problem is fixed as I got a new headset. I now use a Nubwo N7 and with the £22 I spent for fantasy mic and sound quality, I'm very happy ?

Nice !  I don't remember what your mic sounded like before, but it sounds good now ?

Sennheiser 518 headphones and a Blue Yeti on a mount.

Blue Yeti is a bit overkill a $80 gaming headset sounds similar due to compression on VOIP services.

For example in-game CSGO and GMOD they sound really similar.