Lottamos

Knowing but not Seeing what Happens

If you know can you kill.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions

• Yes you can kill if you know and have evidence
    • Situational

I've heard different opinions on this topic. Here's the question. If there's one guy in the cell and a vent is broken or hit and no one sees can you kill that guy. this could be applied to a lot of situations but that's the jist. Another example is people are doing climb and after 10 seconds someone is at the finish. Clearly not possible and you know he cheated but you didn't see it. I've been told different things from staff and I want to here opinions and hopefully a definitive answer. I forgot to add this to the quiz but if you think never just say situational and say it in your post.

Edited by Lottamos
Forgot to add answer to quiz. (see edit history)

This is really situational, for example if vents are broken and only one person is in the cell, someone else could have broken vents and ran through so you can't kill the man in the cell, but you also can't pursue vents because the man in the cell could have broke the cell and not gone in. I think there are very specific situations where you can pursue without seeing, for example seeing no one in a cell and it's vent broken, obviously someone went into that vent so you can pursue. As for the climb example, who knows, maybe the man is phoon and really did do it in 10 sec. You never really know unless you see. 

1 hour ago, Lottamos said:

Here's the question. If there's one guy in the cell and a vent is broken or hit and no one sees can you kill that guy.

No

1 hour ago, Lottamos said:

Another example is people are doing climb and after 10 seconds someone is at the finish. Clearly not possible and you know he cheated but you didn't see it.

Why aren't you watching them climb? Also the finish and normal exit are usually separated so you would see them cheat.

Edited by Jaydow
i'm fat (see edit history)

If a cell vent is broken at the beginning of the round, obviously a T knifed the vent so you are free to pursue. That being said, you need to see them actively breaking it in order to kill them if they are not already in the vent. Even if there is only one of them.

5 minutes ago, Jaydow said:

Why aren't you watching them climb? Also the finish and normal exit are usually separated.

In agreement that you should be watching them. I assume you are talking about a map like moonjail where someone can get to the finish tele exit via the normal exit. In that case, if you did not see them and are skeptical, I would make them start over again. Then just make sure you are watching the exit this time.

A good rule of thumb for a lot of cases, if you or another guard did not see it happen, do not shoot. If you do, you are taking a gamble that you will be freekilling.

If you see a broken vent with only one T in the cell, and you did not see them knife it, you cannot do anything. Maybe their cellmate escaped. Maybe they disconnected.

You cannot go into a teleporter unless you actually saw with your own two eyes that a T went in it.

You can pursue a broken vent if you saw nobody enter it, but have to actually pursue the vent.

On a normal day, you cannot under any circumstance break a vent as a CT, period.

You should be paying attention to your Ts at all times so I don't really know why you're complaining about cheating.

Remember that if you see someone go into a vent and you know where it leads, do not go to where it leads and camp it. You must persue the vent. If you can go through the vent without breaking it that means it's a T secret and you should not go into it unless you saw a T actually go in there.

Also last but not least when you see the colour or hub item of a rebelling T but not their name, you can't do shit about it. Maybe the rebeller has every colour bought and changed to the same colour as their cellmateI. I know I do and sometimes I do that to see how dumb the CTs are.

That's pretty much it for dealing with what you see vs what you gotta do.

Edited by Dannypicacho
Pursue not persue you dummy (see edit history)