BonfireCentipede

Remove no spawncamping teles rule

Remove the no spawncamping teleport spawns rule on pokemon trade  

28 members have voted

1. 1. remove the rule

• yes
    • no

So on pokemon trade there's a rule where you are not allowed to spawncamp spawns that have a teleport, and I think having this rule is pretty weird because we have a working spawn protect on pokemon now

(this rule means if the exit to spawn is a teleport it means you cannot kill people who come out of it straight away)

I don't know why we should treat spawncamping differently on tgh and pokemon, it's really confusing that we allow it on one server then kick and ban people for doing it on another

I think there’s three solutions to this problem.

Either A) Disable spawn protection and treat it like tgh or surf and Just letting moderators use common sense when it comes to spawn killing.

or 

B) Find a better plugin that is more cistomizable to the spawn location instead of time.

Either way I do agree that the way spawn protection is handled there is a bit wonky and should have at least something changed about it. 

For those of you who don't know why this rule was added -- Our spawn protection exists, yes, but only for a very small time frame. By the time you walk out of the teleport spawns, your protection has already worn off or is about to wear off. Stickies, rockets, level 2+ sentries, etc. are able to push you back into your spawn, making it seemingly impossible to break spawn camps, thus ruining the aspect of fun some people may have. Not to mention destroying key buildings is incredibly hard because your view model is forced into a set position every time you walk out of spawn. We didn't increase spawn protection times back then because people will constantly whine about spawn protection being too long, thus ending up with the discussion being brought straight back onto the forums. If this rule were to be removed, you will most definitely have to increase spawn protection time, or you'll hear about it from someone, or a group of people, in the near future. If you're not willing to increase spawn protection times because of the whining that will ensue, then it's best to keep this rule in action. I don't care enough for TF2 in general anymore, so I couldn't care less which way it goes.

Just something for people to chew on before they vote.

This rule has been absent from TGH for so long that I forget its still a thing on pokemon and I have been warned since its second nature to me at this point to not care if its a tele or not. This rule really shouldn't be different between the two servers and have no clue why it has been for this long.

2 hours ago, Thorax_ said:

If the rule is non-existent on TGH, why does it exist on Pokemon? +1

As I said, people on Pokemon weren't fond of spawn protection when it was added, so they had that rule put in place to make it easier for people to walk out of spawn without getting killed instantly by 10 sentries. TGH, on the other hand, has a very long protection duration. If you want to remove this rule from the server, you're going to have to increase spawn protection times on pokemon. I can barely even walk out of my spawn and rocket jump on to the trees with spawn protection.

16 hours ago, Queelsh said:

I think there’s three solutions to this problem.

Either A) Disable spawn protection and treat it like tgh or surf and Just letting moderators use common sense when it comes to spawn killing.

or 

B) Find a better plugin that is more cistomizable to the spawn location instead of time.

Either way I do agree that the way spawn protection is handled there is a bit wonky and should have at least something changed about it. 

It's the same plugin for tgh, where spawn camping is allowed btw. Now it's fixed so there's literally no use for this rule other than qqing about something.

+1 remove outdated rule

7 hours ago, SegFault said:

+1 remove outdated rule

What's the current spawn protection timer on Pokemon compared to TGH? I believe that TGH has a seven-second timer, but that's just me guessing since I never even play on TGH. Pokemon's spawn protection timer is way too short for the amount of time it takes for people to take a step outside of spawn. If the protection timers aren't at least considered by the higher-ups I'll be sure to make a thread about it.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:40 PM, Tatost said:

What's the current spawn protection timer on Pokemon compared to TGH? I believe that TGH has a seven-second timer, but that's just me guessing since I never even play on TGH. Pokemon's spawn protection timer is way too short for the amount of time it takes for people to take a step outside of spawn. If the protection timers aren't at least considered by the higher-ups I'll be sure to make a thread about it.

Timers on both servers are 5 seconds.

Rule has been removed from the Pkmn Trade motd. 

Closed~