Podo

Any other Software Developers?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there were any other software devs in xG. I've new to the group, would love to add you and get play some games!

Podo

There should be a few. Pretty sure one of the higher ups does stuff like that since they help with server plug ins and the likes.

Its also a very large community so I’m sure that someone else is into it. Members, mods, etc.

I personally suck at it Lmao ?

20 hours ago, SegFault said:

I'm who queelsh is taking about lol

I have written a grand total of 1 thing ?

Also OP: Yo whattup.  I'm a CS student up in Scotland, UK.  At the moment dying from learning about different data encoding techniques ... is not ideal.

I'm not quite a software developer yet but that's what I would like to do for work after uni. Lots of other members in this situation too that are either planning on going to college for CS or already have

12 hours ago, Brian said:

Haskell

Oh my god your poor soul.

Had to briefly use Haskell for university coursework.  It wasn't a fun time ?

I can sort of see the beauty of functional languages at times, but goddamn, writing and debugging Haskell was one of the worst programming experiences I've ever had.

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

Oh my god your poor soul.

Had to briefly use Haskell for university coursework.  It wasn't a fun time ?

I can sort of see the beauty of functional languages at times, but goddamn, writing and debugging Haskell was one of the worst programming experiences I've ever had.

I don't mind it too much. I've become comfortably familiar with it. Currently, I'm learning how to use it to write a shell using only some Posix libraries, which is a gigantic pain in the ass. Never use a functional programming language for anything low level. Forking has issues with recursion that annoy the piss outta me.