Aegean

My thoughts moving forward

Hey friends, I've been reading the posts that you all have been writing recently, whether it was people stepping down, planning events, making statements on xG in its current form etc. so I wanted to just give a few thoughts.

Staff Stepping Down

There are never enough to say about staff who took the time to volunteer so many hours to help out xG. It is a thankless job that helps keep xG as populated as it is, due to the efforts from all our staff, whether it is new mods, all the way to the community managers. People get stressed doing this, and stepping down makes total sense as people have their own lives to worry about. School, work, mental health, and anything in between is more important than xG, so if people need to step down for those reasons, we encourage it and we will always welcome back those people with open arms if they decide they can and want to help out again.

Toxicity and Harassment

As xG is a gaming community and the fact that we are not a private community, many different types of personalities with varying age ranges are all going to come and go. Disputes, problems, cliques, they are all bound to happen. It is also not only on staff but also members to hold each other accountable for how others are getting treated. Remember, we are all people in front of that screen at the end of the day, so please know that your words have weight behind them. If there are any issues that you don't feel comfortable discussing on the forums or with other members, you can always message me on discord privately and I'll always respond within 24 hours. Sometimes problems are just misunderstandings, but regardless I'm happy to take time out to resolve whatever problem you might have. People who intentionally try to get a rise out of others get little sympathy from me, but at the same time if you truly wish to improve or need a wake up call, I'm always here for that too.

Planning Events

You do NOT need to be a higher-up or even staff to organize an event. I just want to say thank you to everyone who tries to figure out fun things we can do as a community by posting threads and being active on discord. Aside from CS:GO 10 mans, it's been a lot of fun playing golf-it, skribble.io, and other games with the rest of ya and I can see that a lot of you have been enjoying it too. Respect to everyone honoring the golf-it shoe pics btw on discord. If you need any help organizing an event, feel free to reach out to me or any of the other higher-ups! Looking forward to all the new things we organize as a community.

Moving Forward

I'll be posting a thread soon about recapping what's been going on recently, and thoughts we have for 2019 in terms of divisions. It will also include getting your thoughts on what we should do, so we learn from the people who make our community so great, what they think we should implement.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Happy gaming,

~Aegean

Edited by Aegean (see edit history)