DepressedNeonNepp

Slightly important question?

Hey guys, it's me the person you never hear from much anymore. I just want to know if it would be fine if I could make a new account for a fresh start, I don't want any newer people automatically thinking I'm a piece of shit whenever they look at my profile. I won't do if you guys aren't cool with it and I completely understand.

Edited by DepressedNeonNepp (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, DepressedNeonNepp said:

Hey guys, it's me the person you never hear from much anymore. I just want to know if it would be fine if I could make a new account for a fresh start, I don't want any newer people automatically thinking I'm a piece of shit whenever they look at my profile. I won't do if you guys aren't cool with it and I completely understand.

Nuen (Bluez) did quite literally the exact same thing and it worked out pretty nicely for him. I don't see any problem with you going under another name, just be a bit more openminded when it comes to posting. 

smile.jpg

nuen/bluez did it "without anyone knowing" but the higher ups could tell/there are some things that help higher ups tell... that said IMO the problem with that and the problem i see with him/her (nuen) doing that is that it just seems like you would be sweeping the old issues under the rug/running and or hiding from previous issues. I'm a believer in that if you want to change/be better, you should be able to show the progress that goes with it. All a new account would do is show a different person without the progression or story behind it. To relate: It's something others can look at you and say you accomplished something to overcome an alcohol addiction and be clean and a valuable member of your community as opposed to moving to a place nobody knows you or your problem that you overcame.

We've had several old members reinvent themselves from their old ways with very negative reputations and they are very valued members of our community. never used new accts to "start fresh" they own up to the past and push forward. hopefully you can do the same.

6 hours ago, Chrono said:

nuen/bluez did it "without anyone knowing" but the higher ups could tell/there are some things that help higher ups tell... that said IMO the problem with that and the problem i see with him/her (nuen) doing that is that it just seems like you would be sweeping the old issues under the rug/running and or hiding from previous issues. I'm a believer in that if you want to change/be better, you should be able to show the progress that goes with it. All a new account would do is show a different person without the progression or story behind it. To relate: It's something others can look at you and say you accomplished something to overcome an alcohol addiction and be clean and a valuable member of your community as opposed to moving to a place nobody knows you or your problem that you overcame.

We've had several old members reinvent themselves from their old ways with very negative reputations and they are very valued members of our community. never used new accts to "start fresh" they own up to the past and push forward. hopefully you can do the same.

I think a lot of people know that I used to be (and still am) very opinionated but back then I was worse to a point where I got a hell of a lot of hate from most people in xG and I left it because I felt like everyone hated me. Came back in August 2016 and here I am today as the DM.

It's much better to just stick to the same account but try to be the best person you can possibly be so that people can recognize that you have made a change

1 hour ago, Tatost said:

You came back around the same time as me wtf

Yeah I played for like a few weeks around then but then I disappeared until like October? Then I played for like 3 days and Bello was like "do you want staff again" and here I am today

Honestly, I hope you actually decide to just stay with this account. I understand why you want to do it, that way people won't give you hate for your past. Part of moving forward, the way I see it, is accepting that what's happened has happened. If anyone wants to continue to judge you based on that even when you've done nothing wrong currently, that's their problem.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Chrono said:

Hi thats me

Edited by Rabid (see edit history)

Old jokes aside, making a new name really won’t change much if people know it’s you, new people make like 1-2 posts here then dip, so you can probably just stick to one account. The reason I did my whole thing where I made a new account and tried to join (I made a rant on my main account just to make it more convincing, don’t even agree with half the points lol) was to prove to myself and others that I’m different then before. Do what ever you want to do, but take it from a guy that’s gone by like 10 different names, it doesn’t change much.