Reiki

Can you help me out?

So, I started working on a new drawing a few days ago and this is what I have at the moment

It's been a long time since I tried to draw something related with energy attacks like the Aura sphere of Lucario and I'm not completely sure if I'm doing it in a proper way.
Can you guys give me your opinion about this? 
Note: I know that I have to add more lighting effects

Thanks

image.png

I just think the outside layer of the aura sphere is too light, and the little lines coming out of the sphere make it seems like it's not "gathering aura", it feel like it's emitting rather than absorbing.

This is entirely based on whether or not your Lucario is going to be any more detailed than in the given image (eyes, smaller details for the fur/skin/whatever the fuck it is, shading, etc.). If that is your final product for Lucario, the aura sphere looks way too 'realistic' in comparison to the very simplistic design of the Lucario. Not exactly sure what the purpose is of the red squiggles, as it just makes it look a bit sloppy, no offense.

Now, I'm no artist, so take my opinion lightly. I am but a fool when it comes to artistic shit.

14 hours ago, Soulify said:

I just think the outside layer of the aura sphere is too light, and the little lines coming out of the sphere make it seems like it's not "gathering aura", it feel like it's emitting rather than absorbing.

That is actually not a bad point, I will try to give a few changes to the light effect. Thanks dude

9 hours ago, Tatost said:

Not exactly sure what the purpose is of the red squiggles

Those red lines were just me trying to come with an idea for the background. I'm actually planning to draw like a laboratory on the back, but at the moment those lines does not represent nothing

If that is your final product for Lucario, the aura sphere looks way too 'realistic' in comparison to the very simplistic design of the Lucario.

I mean, in the past I used to draw the aura sphere like in the Anime, with a few lighting effects. 

Now, I was trying to recreate what I did in my last drawing of "Reiki", the same effect that I used of the chains, but i'm struggling to get it the same result

In that case, I will be doing a new one with a more simpler effects this time

Now, I'm no artist, so take my opinion lightly. I am but a fool when it comes to artistic shit.

You don't need to worry, your opinions are important to me

Thanks you guys

1 hour ago, you get a gold star ⭐ said:

Heck, so many people can draw that I didn’t know could draw. Also it looks v good but I feel like it just needs more detail to look ultra ?

I will do my best!