Meaty

Where does your name come from?

Question

What event or whatever inspired the name you go by on the internet?

For me, I was playing on a TF2 community server and a bunch of people were messing around using the ham shank, starting a joke called "Meat Clan."  Eventually, I ended up getting in on the joke. We made a Discord server for the joke clan we just started and it died after about a month, unfortunately. My name started as "Meatman the Succulent" and eventually got shortened to just "Meaty."

P.S. Slay all vegetarians, all hail the meat

10 hours ago, Tekk said:

I was a huge fucking weeaboo when I made Tekage. Te means Hand, Kage means Shadow. 

I've been clean off anime for a few years now and I cringe at Tekage, hence why I'm now Tekk. Problem is, people will never refer to you as anything different than your original name ?

Tay kah gay

My nickname originated from my real name, "Ege" as my dad called me Egossi when i was a very small child, i dont really know why. But when it came down to picking my nickname online i just went with it, i also changed my nickname to "Christian Brutal Sniper" once when i was 13 because i loved those videos, only to change it back to egossi a month or two later and keep it that way to this day

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Lets see....

Potato: I liked potatoes.

ChancePotatoes: Why the fuck not, I like random chances sometimes and I like potatoes. So put Chance and Potatoes together.

Kelvin Koolidge: A parody of Calvin Coolidge since I had a friend on steam have his name as Calvin Coolidge. My irl first name is Kelvin. So Kelvin Koolidge.

Potato the Chinese: I like potatoes and I'm Chinese. I parodied a friend who was Sora The Japanese. 

TBOHB came from an acronym of my youtube channel that I tried doing when I was like 12 or 13. Septik didn't really come from anywhere but I kinda regret it.

ABlueSkittle123 came from something that happened a while ago. I had signed up on a site and this was the auto generated name for me, I don't remember the name unfortunately however I used this site to talk with my great grandparents all the way in Romania. We talked every day and we spent time together, we video chatted often, my great grandpa showed me tons of ways to make origami's because I am a rather hands on person, and my great grandma taught me how to knit. Unfortunately the inevitable happened and they both passed on. As a way to remember all the good times and to never forget how much joy they gave me, I use this name to always remember them and to never forget all the good they had done for me. Its a rather unexpected story but I feel that it is wholesome. ?

11 hours ago, Roy said:

Mr.Gladiator is my username because I wanted to start fresh for this server back in 2018 and thought of a name that would fight for freedom. So I pick Mr.Gladiator and it is a part of my life to live, even some people will hate this name because of me that what I done was wrong, it is who I am and my oath or my code of honor for the server. My old username for another old Jb server that I was hmmm powerful in my own ways, ”Radec10” if any one wanna take it, it’s free. And the way of I found Mr.Gladiaotr was just playing forhonor and being the gladiator. Also hail meat because vegetables sux quak blakr. ?

Gladiators didn't fight for freedom...they fight for sport...

Anyways, Seg, Segmentation Fault, it's a type of computer error where the process looks for a memory address that is out of bounds.

22 minutes ago, ABlueSkittle123 said:

ABlueSkittle123 came from something that happened a while ago. I had signed up on a site and this was the auto generated name for me, I don't remember the name unfortunately however I used this site to talk with my great grandparents all the way in Romania. We talked every day and we spent time together, we video chatted often, my great grandpa showed me tons of ways to make origami's because I am a rather hands on person, and my great grandma taught me how to knit. Unfortunately the inevitable happened and they both passed on. As a way to remember all the good times and to never forget how much joy they gave me, I use this name to always remember them and to never forget all the good they had done for me. Its a rather unexpected story but I feel that it is wholesome. ?

Wholesome af.

For me, those of you who knew me way back in the day likely knew me as Colorful Dot. That name came from the previous alias Red Dot. Topaz came from a desire to change things up, as I had become tired of Colorful Dot, and it also happens that it is my birth-stone/gem (only found out about it years later, but funny coincidence.) As far as my current alias, TOPE, is concerned. Well, a very, very good friend of mine started calling me that, and it stuck. @syN_ rest in peace buddy, you will forever be missed.

A long time ago (like 8-10+ years ago) I went by Pikachu1639 (because Pikachu obviously) then I became supremechloe, I wasn’t very creative so I just chose “chloe” which is one of my cats names.  A few years later I switched it to TheSupremePatriot, keeping the supreme part and adding my high school mascot. Now, I go by Thorax... I think you can guess where that comes from.

Back when I was a wee little lad I made a mii on our new family wii (which now hisses demonically at us should we try to put a disc in) and my grandfather made a comment about how my new mii looked. Naturally I did the only reasonable thing and named the character after the comment and thus I got mrnutty. I used that mii for literally everything I did so it was my go to usage for basically any electronics at that point. Fast forward a bit to my first email account and I needed something to name it, being a wonderfully creative person I wanted to use the name of the mii I had used for ages however that name was already taken so I had to add a number which at the time was 11, my age. Repeat that process for pretty much every account I have ever made and it just sorta became my default name for internet stuff.

My original name i created when I had to make a new gamertag on XboxLive. I wanted to make it Dr Pepper related because my friends and I joked about how much I drank. Eventually i settled on DrPepperPhreak and eventually shortened it to just Pepper. Now Jakel is just my first name with the first letter of my last name attached. 

19 minutes ago, Lottamos said:

Lottamos - pretty much a variation on my dads email

Goldfish - I really loved the snack goldfish when I was a kid and I did club basketball so my parents let me eat what I want (about 2 cartons of goldfish a week) and my brother gave me the name idea CaptGoldfish. Eventually I decided the capt was stupid and took it out. 

I was gonna do a few alts but not yet. (Just in case)

Alt's are pretty blatant and easy to tell kiddo, we literally get notified about them. ?

ChronoTrigger is a SNES RPG game that was really fun and hard as a kid playing. I liked it. I made my OG name on runescape ChronoTrigger81, my favorite number is 42 so idk where 81 came from. after that I played a lot of games where you played as a knight etc. and so I changed it to ChronosKnight(42) etc. on a lot of things, parentheses because if just the name was taken I added my number. eventually it got too long and boring to type out the knight part that I switched it to Nite, which was simpler and faster. still boring, and I never wanted a long steam name back in the day so for steam since no name restrictions (originally I was going to be just Chrono) which is a word meaning time the game had everything to do with time, and the main character's name was Crono I didn't like how it looked and since it sounds like a CH anyway when you pronounce it, I made my steam name that. and just chilled ever since. Everyone refers to me as that typically, I made my steam name Childish Memebeno because I went through a phase I got back into the great Gambino. 

Also old threads: