Meaty

Where does your name come from?

Question

What event or whatever inspired the name you go by on the internet?

For me, I was playing on a TF2 community server and a bunch of people were messing around using the ham shank, starting a joke called "Meat Clan."  Eventually, I ended up getting in on the joke. We made a Discord server for the joke clan we just started and it died after about a month, unfortunately. My name started as "Meatman the Succulent" and eventually got shortened to just "Meaty."

P.S. Slay all vegetarians, all hail the meat

For my old name 14grunt, I was quite a Halo fan back in the day. I was obsessed with Halo Custom Edition for a darn good while. I was 14 at the time when I wanted to finally create an online alias for myself and I quite adored the "grunts" from that game and thus the alias "14grunt" was born.

Around the Christmas of 2016 I had wanted a festive name and so I had always liked the stories of Krampus in the past and plus I had recently seen the movie so I decided to make it my username for the holidays but ended up never changing it since I liked it a lot and have had it since. Btw the movie Krampus is rubbish and I would not recommend watching it, I just didn't care at the time

I was trying to come up with an alias when I was in high school for what my artist name would be.

I remember the original idea being "color coded polar bear". Eventually shortened down to "Polarcoded" then again down to "Polah" because I used to talk to a girl from the UK and we'd always poke fun about the way she addressed my name. 

You boys know me as Julian because that was the name I used for the time and I just getting used too now. But before my multiple Trailer Park Boys marathons my gamer tag was Dynamo or korean for Bambus which is my characters name in the TV show I was in.

Semper is just my Fursonas name, my original name on here "NoobDestroy" was when my name used to be Destroyer of Noobs back in 2011-2012, at one point in time during the glory days of css i was #1 on both the JB and Surf server, and I think played on the scrim team briefly when I was 13-14 years old, I remember playing a dust2 scrim but didnt have a mic so I used teamchat. Destroyer of Noobs just made sense to me back then thanks to my 13-14 year old brain.

So my first name was Formedsteak7 which I got from my XBOX Random Name thingie, then I Got my 2nd name which was Lil' Hunter, then I met a good friend who was in a clan named TAoW, so for awhile my name was TAoW Hunter, and a couple weeks ago, vac came back onto the server and someone said, who's vindacator, so I took that name and me new name is TAoW Vindicator.

Ah this will be fun:

before i had a steam account I would use the name goldz, but eventually swapped to Bluez because I just like that color more lol. Maja is when I was trying to be cool and messed with google translate. My name that I stick with now, and likely will permanently, is a name a picked in an attempt to alias. I tried to pick a name that seemed weird, short and memorable. Don’t know if it succeeded.

pizza is cause I like pizza

Back in my roblox days, I was obsessed with legos, so I tried to make my roblox username "legoman", which was obviously taken. So I tried legoman2, and legoman02, which were both also taken. Due to me being very young at the time I had lost my patience and used the suggested name, "bumpylegoman02", which I have shortened to bumpy. 

the place plus the rhyme of like robot stuff

people ask me if its from the gorillaz song hongkongaton a lot even though i didnt know that entire album existed at the time and now that i do its easily my least favorite song on the album so theres that

@bagggel @Tatost 

3 hours ago, hongkongatron said:

@Tatost  

Idk if you're tagging me to let me know or if you want me to post mine as well. My name comes from a joke with an old friend, I've had it since late 2015, really not much to the story. Since I very seldom see the old friend online anymore I tend to change my name around but usually end up going back to "tatost" or "matt".

6 minutes ago, Pepper said:

My original name i created when I had to make a new gamertag on XboxLive. I wanted to make it Dr Pepper related because my friends and I joked about how much I drank. Eventually i settled on DrPepperPhreak and eventually shortened it to just Pepper. Now Jakel is just my first name with the first letter of my last name attached. 

we all know how much Jakel drinks.

The name is Darrth because Darth is always taken so I put an extra character in there so I can use it. BTW, the double rs are still taken so now I've made it a thing to add two more letters to the word, one r and one t if the first one doesnt work ?

5 hours ago, Julian said:

You boys know me as Julian because that was the name I used for the time and I just getting used too now. But before my multiple Trailer Park Boys marathons my gamer tag was Dynamo or korean for Bambus which is my characters name in the TV show I was in.

trailer park boys is still the funniest show on netflix you absolutely cannot change my mind

I was a huge fucking weeaboo when I made Tekage. Te means Hand, Kage means Shadow. 

I've been clean off anime for a few years now and I cringe at Tekage, hence why I'm now Tekk. Problem is, people will never refer to you as anything different than your original name ?