char

custom player models?

3 hours ago, ScottNi said:

Literally says today he wants to apply for staff today and finds out he needs 50 forum posts so he spams forums *sigh*

XD that funny. But, for the topic of this thread. Having a custom player models in Jb wouldn’t be a bad idea. Even we have tracers, color models, last ct music, etc. It can be good for the server, but for me, I don’t think it’s a good idea because like, someone with a Batman model and rebels and some one the same model and the rebeler switches to another model and the one with a Batman model that was not rebelling, could get freekilled by one of the ct that are new or not paying attention. But we should of  custom player models.

toilet paper eating GIF by AFV Babies

5 hours ago, Roy said:

XD that funny. But, for the topic of this thread. Having a custom player models in Jb wouldn’t be a bad idea. Even we have tracers, color models, last ct music, etc. It can be good for the server, but for me, I don’t think it’s a good idea because like, someone with a Batman model and rebels and some one the same model and the rebeler switches to another model and the one with a Batman model that was not rebelling, could get freekilled by one of the ct that are new or not paying attention. But we should of  custom player models.

toilet paper eating GIF by AFV Babies

Good insite I’m sure there is ways around that but I would have no clue how to even begin with something like that I just thought it would be cool to bring a little attention to it and see if it would be even a viable option in the future. You feel?

17 hours ago, char said:

I have seen some servers with custom player models like Santa, Donald Trump, and I think even Batman. Is there even a chance we could have something like this on JB in the future? 

This would seem nice at first glance, but would most likely just end up being a complete disaster. Changes in player models can sometimes throw people's aim off, making it slightly harder the find, say, the head hitbox of someone using the watermelon head that we all know and hate. (I am aware that the watermelon is not a player model reskin, but rather just a hat, but I thought it was the easiest way to prove my point.) That being said, I would rather not have them on JB, but if we could add them to surf it could be a nice little addition to the hub. 

44 minutes ago, Tatost said:

This would seem nice at first glance, but would most likely just end up being a complete disaster. Changes in player models can sometimes throw people's aim off, making it slightly harder the find, say, the head hitbox of someone using the watermelon head that we all know and hate. (I am aware that the watermelon is not a player model reskin, but rather just a hat, but I thought it was the easiest way to prove my point.) That being said, I would rather not have them on JB, but if we could add them to surf it could be a nice little addition to the hub. 

I think your right about the aim thing from what I’ve seen it can be more difficult to hit someone with a custom player model but at the same time they have to work for the credits because usually they are like 50k credits or more from what I’ve seen at least on servers but maybe it would not be the best thing for JB I like the surf idea and I’m wondering if not played models hats? 

It doesn’t mess with hit boxes or people’s aim in any impactful way. I mean if a Batman model was added and it stayed to the regular player model and no cape, there’s almost no difference. Some models might have a different issue with hitbixes but that’s a avoidable issue. On servers were this is implemented I don’t see a issue and people need a new credit sink anyway. I might be wrong but I think it’s at least worth testing.