Remove Random Crits on Surf

Remove Random Crits on Surf  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Get rid of em?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Semper said:

why kill surf even more, remove random crits it will just become tgh 2

To be fair random crits also make people leave, I recall many of times in which I have gotten a dumb random crit which I didn't deserve and just see people leave. Sure some people like to have this randomness factor in the game but never the less the negativity bias will always rule over, making the person on the end of receiving the crit, get upset and have a negative reaction which is much more strong compared to that millisecond of happiness the other person has and then immediately forgets about it while the person who received the crit ends up leaving the server due to getting hit by a glowing rocket that came out of nowhere. It just kills fun, period. No questions asked. Also name any other successful fps source game that has a randomness factor in it. Hell even the game its based off of doesn't even have random crits(Quake). This is the only one and clearly there are more people who dislike random crits to who actually enjoy them. 

Edited by ABlueSkittle123 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Semper said:

why kill surf even more, remove random crits it will just become tgh 2

When the ability to bhop, surf_frictional, and increased air accelerate are added to tgh I will give you that. Currently it has none of those, so I reject your idea.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, ABlueSkittle123 said:

Also name any other successful fps source game that has a randomness factor in it.

First of all, Fortnite is a joke but it is popular and it does have aim bloom.

Edited by ScottNi (see edit history)

@ScottNi Fortnite runs on the Unreal Engine, I said Source engine as thats what Valve uses and due to it being a game made by Valve I thought it would be more fair to put it in that category compared to all games in general as there would be some games bound to be luck based yet popular, also the entire concept of fortnite in general is to get lucky and find good weapons. Tf2 on the other hand is much more fixated as you have one weapon and thats all you have got, and if paired against someone with the same thing at that point its all up to skill until one person gets lucky and gets some random shiny bullets or rockets and just one shots the other player. That is unfair as compared to fortnite which is just literally luck based when it comes to fighting, sure there are battles in which the more skillful player will win but if one other person has a better version of their gun due to getting lucky they have a higher chance of winning, you shouldn't compare it to fortnite although I see your point.

2 hours ago, YeEternalTuna said:

Let's remove the maps that gives godly buffs while we're at it because it makes it unfun and unbalanced, right?

Well you actually have to, wait for it, be able to surf enough to get those specific buffs. Its not like you join the server than suddenly gain a bunch of buffs just by being there, no you have to have the skill to actually get those buffs, and if other people want it, they have to learn how to surf properly to actually get those buffs. There is still skill involved within getting said buffs, along with that I doubt you actually read my points that I have made so I would urge you to go back and read them, because if you did you would of understood that I am talking about skill being a requirement to be able to beat other people, but by taking skill out of the equation, you get a random shit show of getting lucky and making other players have a bad time just because you clicked and for some dumb reason your shot gained triple damage. You would of also seen the negativity bias which is also another great point as to why random crits are dumb but if you don't care to read my point and more so just post something completely irrelevant then there is no point in continue this argument and explaining my views to you.

1 hour ago, ABlueSkittle123 said:
4 hours ago, YeEternalTuna said:

Let's remove the maps that gives godly buffs while we're at it because it makes it unfun and unbalanced, right?

Well you actually have to, wait for it, be able to surf enough to get those specific buffs. Its not like you join the server than suddenly gain a bunch of buffs just by being there, no you have to have the skill to actually get those buffs, and if other people want it, they have to learn how to surf properly to actually get those buffs. There is still skill involved within getting said buffs, along with that I doubt you actually read my points that I have made so I would urge you to go back and read them, because if you did you would of understood that I am talking about skill being a requirement to be able to beat other people, but by taking skill out of the equation, you get a random shit show of getting lucky and making other players have a bad time just because you clicked and for some dumb reason your shot gained triple damage. You would of also seen the negativity bias which is also another great point as to why random crits are dumb but if you don't care to read my point and more so just post something completely irrelevant then there is no point in continue this argument and explaining my views to you.

I'm almost certain @YeEternalTuna was being sarcastic with his reply.

On another note, I agree with basically everything @mrnutty12 said.  +1 to remove crits 

1 hour ago, Caleb956 said:

I'm almost certain @YeEternalTuna was being sarcastic with his reply.

On another note, I agree with basically everything @mrnutty12 said.  +1 to remove crits 

I know @YeEternalTuna was being sarcastic, I more so just took it as a way to elaborate on my previous statements, no hard feelings, I just saw you as an opportunity to voice my opinion a lil more. Along with that I agree with you, I believe they should be removed, its just already much to chaotic with bhopping and all that like Nutty said.