Tekk

In Regards To TF2's Future

As of recent, as you all know, the TF2 Divison has been struggling a lot recently. It is as a result of multiple reasons, one being a lack of motivation from us which has resulted in the game feeling stale, even on xG. However, Seg's demotion has been a massive wake-up call to Caleb and I who are now going to be working harder than ever before in order to return TF2 to its former glory.

We have been discussing things recently and have decided that we are going to do a rework of the rules, coming up with ideas for plugins to keep the game fresh and hope to make our servers better than ever before. We will try to keep you all updated as much as possible as a result of there being previous complaints about lack of communication between the TF2 Higherups and the Community.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever, please let us know here.

Please don't go anywhere; there's much more to come and lots of fun to be had! Let's bring TF2 back.

Edit of 7/18: Thank you to everyone for your feedback and encouragement. You've been a lot of help. Any further suggestions you might have, redirect to here.

Edited by hongkongatron (see edit history)

A rule rework, eh? Well, personally i think the building in spawn rule on surf should be a bit more lenient. Like, it should only be against rules if it's in enemy spawn or a teleporter is on a spot where people spawn, getting them stuck when they spawn in, or if it's in a doorway making it impossible or hard to get through. That's all I got at the moment in terms of rules. As for plugins and all that, I got nothing. 

I trust you guys will be able to get shit done and do it well. I believe in you two nerds. You got this.

Edited by Meaty
Added a detail to the thing about the building in spawn rule (see edit history)

1 minute ago, you get a gold star ⭐ said:

Allow people to use hldj and other likewise software. You can just client mute someone if you don’t want to hear their music. Though the same rules would apply to playing music, nothing purposefully annoying and no playing over each other.

We could look into possibly adding a radio system, but allowing that would make communicating with other people on the server difficult. I'm not entirely sure how the plugin works, but I think there are more efficient methods we could use. I appreciate the idea though 🙂

I know I quit TF2 but if you're populating like TGH or pokemon on a map my computer can run then I might start joining. I joined xG during the great fallout of the csgo division ( @CJCasper @onlyalittlegay @Lithium @Chrono @Jadow will remember) so I know what it's like when your favourite server is struggling. Make xG Great Again!

rip hikki 😞

Edited by Dannypicacho (see edit history)

I somewhat want new changes for freak fortress (mainly ripper roo) since I can't remember the last time we had any changes aside from like a map about a year ago.

For TGH I would also somewhat want new maps too since its gone a bit stale, and dead a lot.

Surf we need new maps, I can't remember the last time we got one since the quack rework.

I also would like to see the TF2 community nights comeback, I wouldn't mind hosting them since I normally have spare time during the week and credits that I'm never gonna spend.

I'm really excited to hear this. Recently I've been hopping onto TF2 wanting to play some xG only to realize the servers are pretty much dead. Hopefully this revives the servers but if not I'll always be in xG. 

As for suggestions I don't have anything in particular but I guess if possible maybe you could find something that could add some new content. 

Good luck and if for whatever reason you want my help I'm happy to!