kelly678

New RTD Effect Super Projectile

So I had this idea last night and i'm not sure if it can be created but here goes. Super projectile would work exactly like a homing projectile and would be for arrows from the huntsman or fortified compound and it would be an arrow that can kill not 1 but 3 people at a time and the way it would work is it goes through the player, therefore, killing them instantly and doing the same for the second person and once it hits the third person it kills that person but also stops looking for more players to kill and this can be done as many times in a set time limit and as long as there's ammo but if the person shooting the arrow runs out then they can get more ammo till the time limit runs out. I'm not sure this could be created but it would be cool if it could. Also, this could work for the rescue ranger from the engineer but not for the pyro, the soldier or the medic. 

Edited by kelly678 (see edit history)

If we were to even consider adding something like this, you'd have to make it something other than just a direct upgrade to the homing projectile. For example, it completely drains your ammo supply after being shot once, so on and so forth. I don't play TF2 too often anymore, but I know that this effect sounds extremely overpowered.

4 minutes ago, Tatost said:

If we were to even consider adding something like this, you'd have to make it something other than just a direct upgrade to the homing projectile. For example, it completely drains your ammo supply after being shot once, so on and so forth. I don't play TF2 too often anymore, but I know that this effect sounds extremely overpowered.

If it ever were to get added it can be tweaked so it doesn't drain your ammo

7 minutes ago, kelly678 said:

that's not what tatost is saying, he's saying that it SHOULD drain your ammo or it would be too OP.

32 minutes ago, kelly678 said:

Your idea is nice, but extremely unbalanced because it's just a direct upgrade to another RTD that, by itself, is already incredibly infuriating. Try and brainstorm a few ways to counteract it by giving it a few weaknesses (lower ammo supply/higher ammo usage, slower projectile, etc.)

3 hours ago, you get a gold star ⭐ said:

Everyone already hates rtd, what will this accomplish other than make people not want to play?

I disagree, plenty of people enjoy RTD, just because you personally don't enjoy it does not mean that others do not. If they didn't, they wouldn't be using it non-stop.

17 hours ago, Tatost said:

Your idea is nice, but extremely unbalanced because it's just a direct upgrade to another RTD that, by itself, is already incredibly infuriating. Try and brainstorm a few ways to counteract it by giving it a few weaknesses (lower ammo supply/higher ammo usage, slower projectile, etc.)

It is extremely unbalanced but what if as a negative if it gets reflected it comes back at twice the speed meaning that whoever shot the arrow won't have a lot of time to escape until it comes back taking out 3 of its teammates

1 hour ago, kelly678 said:

It is extremely unbalanced but what if as a negative if it gets reflected it comes back at twice the speed meaning that whoever shot the arrow won't have a lot of time to escape until it comes back taking out 3 of its teammates

Probably best if we just leave balances to @Caleb956 and @Tekk