Tekk

Opinions On This Rule

Change Rule To Make It Only Against The Rules If Excessive?  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. a

• No
    • Yes

• "Spamming chat, both typed and voice, is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to, usage of Voice Changers, Soundboards, TTS Programs, immature voices, and chat macros."

Of course, let's not completely allow it. That sounds like a tragedy.

However, I'd like to propose that we treat this whole rule much more lightly. So in a sense, to allow soundboards, voice changers, TTS programs and immature voices (?) to an extent where it does not become excessive. (Down to admins to deem what is excessive and what is not)

For example:

A player uses a soundboard to say a line from a popular anime, Jojo, or something. I don't know. Should we allow that, but stop it if it becomes excessive and they start blasting an entire scene from the show?

Thoughts, opinions and ideas are welcome 🙂 

Yeah it seems pretty stupid in my opinion. If it becomes excessive then yeah you should do something about it, but otherwise its pretty much harmless.

What about people who scream or earrape into mic for like 3 seconds? People do it a bit but afaik there isn’t a rule against it as long as they don’t spam it over and over. 

Just gotta change the definition of spam. Cause' I've seen people get muted over just using their mic which is just at a high volume

Also I really wish "no immature voices" meant "no little kids on mic" because that would be a great improvement on the quality of conversation thx

All of our staff need to settle down on how much we warn for micspam, there's been to many cases where someone accidentally has a loud sound in their background which isn't the persons fault and they get warned for it

and i don't see the problem with text to speak and immature voices unless it starts becoming a problem to people

people play on the servers to have fun and if everyone is having fun let them

however if someone joins the server to micspam earrape just instant mute them, no reason to wait 15 seconds and warn them when everyones ears are getting blasted

To be completely honest, the outlawing of soundboards/voice changers was always a bit of an odd rule. As long as they aren't playing ear rape and make it impossible for other people to even have a conversation over mic, I don't see a problem with it.

I'd honestly rather we keep soundboards and voice changers banned completely. As for things like the immature voices rule we got more chill about that a while ago. 

"We are hoping to see staff hold back a bit more regarding the immature voices rule as we feel that staff are jumping to stop people from harmless fun on the mic far too quickly. For example, if someone does an impression of myself having fun on the server, let them but not to a consistent level and as long as people aren't getting annoyed by it. However, do not forget that this is still a rule and is still not allowed, but let people feel a bit more free regarding the rule."

I overall think the rule is already in a pretty good place right now.

5 hours ago, you get a gold star ⭐ said:

Also I really wish "no immature voices" meant "no little kids on mic" because that would be a great improvement on the quality of conversation thx

That actually used to be the rule believe it or not

My take would be to always keep voice changers and earrape banned (maybe potentially slightly more lax on earrape if its very rare and is timed well for comedic effect or something) 

Soundboards on the other hand, i would say allow them for as long as people on the server generally seem ok with it, judging it more with common sense

An example of a good soundboard use would be if a warden on jailbreak (rip) had a good soundboard setup and wanted to play some background parkour music for obby, and the music and the quality of the spam was good, whereas a bad soundboard would be that but with shitty quality/earrape or things that have been mentioned as negative ways of using a soundboard in this thread so far (there are a lot of ways to make it obnoxious)

I would personally go as far as allow spamming songs with good quality on TGH when there is no map song, since those can just be client side muted and could be nice

Idk it really depends on who's micspamming, an interesing idea could be to only allow admins/trusted mature people to micspam

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Egossi said:

Soundboards on the other hand, i would say allow them for as long as people on the server generally seem ok with it, judging it more with common sense

If we do get more lax with this rule (which it looks like we will judging by the vote count) I really do hope that's not the way we do. I am very much against a majority rule decision. I really don't like the idea of the rules being directly influenced by who's on at the time, that could lead to things being ok when a certain clique is on and not ok when another is on. I would highly prefer it being allowed a little bit but not too much. Even then I would rather it just stay banned. I prefer voice chat being a thing where people actually talk instead of playing sound clips for the most part.

10 hours ago, DiaperHyperWolf said:

I really don't like the idea of the rules being directly influenced by who's on at the time, that could lead to things being ok when a certain clique is on and not ok when another is on. I prefer voice chat being a thing where people actually talk instead of playing sound clips for the most part.

I don't think people would be ok with voice chat being just micspam and no talking, except for very rare occasions maybe, and even then it's unlikely.

When I say "if the server seems generally ok with it" i dont mean if 60% of the server is somewhat enjoying it and the 40% of the server fuckin hates it, i mean if literally everyone is enjoying it except for at most maybe like 1 or 2 people who are ass pained for no reason (because we know anti-fun people exist, even if rarely), which might not be the case most of the time, in which case you would mute the micspammer based on the reactions of the people who are on the server.

"Soundboards, voice-changers and TTS are allowed. However, you may not use any of the above (or similar) excessively or with intent to ear rape to a point that may annoy other players."

Thoughts on that going in the rulebook?