Tekk

Regarding The Hour Requirement

Hour Requirement?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. 8 Hour Requirement

• No
    • Yes

We've had multiple changes in the hour requirement for TF2. 20 hours, 14 hours, 10 hours, etc. However, we later decided to entirely remove the hour requirement and instead place in a guideline of 10 hours. You didn't need to get it, no pressure, but it's preferred that you could try to achieve it or close to it.

I've had many complaints about this killing their drive and making the servers suffer. Therefore, I'd like to propose that we bring back the hour requirement at 8 hours. This would help provide motive to get on the servers and would definitely help give a jump start to populating servers.

Thoughts?

activity should be at least mandatory as the servers have begun to be regularly populated again, id suggest halved of normal at the very least, as getting hours as of late has been really easy lol

basically 8+ as an actual requirement rather than a guideline should be encouraged

Edited by hongkongatron
im retard (see edit history)

There was really no problem with the 14 hour requirement either. Just be on for 1 hour a day every day minimum and you'll be fine. I would say that not having an hour requirement really kills the drive of staff members.

I know we talked about this a few weeks ago but how about make it a requirement that each staff member has to join an official population event at least once a month? It would not only drive them to be active but also potentially boost the server population.

1 minute ago, TBOHB said:

I know we talked about this a few weeks ago but how about make it a requirement that each staff member has to join an official population event at least once a month? It would not only drive them to be active but also potentially boost the server population.

since we’re having a ton of them lately, id be inclined to agree, but having it be a requirement would either have it be changed so theres no definitive schedule to the events as some members would be unable to attend due to timezones so the events would have to fit their needs, or they would have to make changes to their own schedule. i think that having an hour requirement is a base minimum, though.

1 hour ago, TBOHB said:

There was really no problem with the 14 hour requirement either. Just be on for 1 hour a day every day minimum and you'll be fine. I would say that not having an hour requirement really kills the drive of staff members.

I'm not so sure about that. While I can understand the need for a quota, playing for even just an hour a day can be a drag at times. There have been several times where I don't feel like Playing Team Fortress 2 for even an hour a day. I love xG and everything and definitely do not want to step down. However, playing the same game all the time can get to be quite a drag.

I wouldn't enforce anything that's too lengthy or strict, because we can't forget that moderating our servers isn't a job, it's volunteer work. They don't get paid to spend their time on the servers dealing with jackasses, it really wouldn't be fair to them if we try to enforce lengthy hours on top of their everyday regime. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a time "requirement", but just try to keep in mind that the staff do what they do because their nice enough to devote some of their free time to helping out the community. Whatever you guys think is suitable will probably be fine, but don't think people don't want to do real life things too.

I would like to announce that we're going to be bringing the hour requirement back and set at 8 hours every 2 weeks MINIMUM.

I understand that you all have lives outside of xG and I would not like to force you all to play as much as possible and have therefore decided to require a low 8 hours. Thank you all for understanding!