I didn't really ask anyone to see if this thread would be necessary, but at this point I think I speak for everyone when I say the servers are more or less deserted. This is mainly just a way to get the process going so we can repopulate the Jailbreak and Minigames servers we all had some good times on. If you have any suggestions for ways to bring in new players and bait previous players to coming back and staying, leave them here.

Currently, in the TF2 division at least, they hold regular populate events (the specifics of which I never really bothered to remember because I really don't enjoy that game anymore, but that's beside the point). The only problem I can see with these populate events is that they don't really last because the servers never retain their population for an extended period of time. That isn't to say they aren't effective to at least some degree, but I highly doubt it's the only thing we can do to bring people to our servers. Do we go with a more "aggressive" advertisement strategy? Do we just keep to ourselves and hope that when we do our populate events that our large player count will attract more members? Both? Whatever your suggestion is, it would most likely be appreciated by the higher-ups and anyone trying to get the servers up and running again.

Note: this isn't just for the CS division, if you have any suggestions for TF2 or something that could apply to both, anything would be appreciated. : )

CS:GO has faced population problems before and the last time it was resolved I wasn't around to see what or how that happened so just do that again?

18 hours ago, Rabid said:

Minigame Monday, Jailbreak wensdays, Surf saturdays, 10man sundays 😎

real talk p good idea

20 hours ago, Rabid said:

Something along these lines might work. 

On 7/8/2019 at 12:19 AM, Rabid said:

Jailbreak should have the weekend slot for surf considering more people need to play jailbreak to make it fun then Csgo

2 hours ago, ScottNi said:

Jailbreak should have the weekend slot for surf considering more people need to play jailbreak to make it fun then Csgo

You confused me for a second there, but yeah, jailbreak should probably take the weekend slot over surf because more people = more fun on jailbreak. Most people have work Monday-Friday, so it would be hard to plan around that.

3 hours ago, ScottNi said:

Not csgo Surf*

Maybe in the jailbreak server, we should add new maps or add a system that allows new people to know the rules about being a guard or warden when they want to become a ct.

I know this is my own thread, but I thought I might as well say this-

When you have population events/days, don't base the event off of the "host's" schedule. Make the events start at times where we can get the most population. In other words, don't start the events in the middle of the day when people are either at work/in school (depending on the time of year). Think about where the majority of our player base is (U.S./Canada), then think "what is the best time to bring in players?"

Also, I know we already have quite a few @able roles in the Discord, but you should think of adding some server specific/division specific roles for people to sign up for. That way we can eliminate the whole "no one is on the server, so I guess I'll just go AFK and hope that more people will join until we have an actual population" snooze fest. @virr

I believe I already hinted at the fact that we should be advertising our server in the OP, but the higher-ups should maybe think of ways that we can spread the word about the community. I know there are websites for Minecraft servers where it ranks communities/servers and does a pretty good job of getting our name out there. Maybe there's something similar to that, but for GMOD/CS:GO/TF2?

12 hours ago, Tatost said:

When you have population events/days, don't base the event off of the "host's" schedule. Make the events start at times where we can get the most population.

Also, I know we already have quite a few @able roles in the Discord, but you should think of adding some server specific/division specific roles for people to sign up for.

in regards to the first one, see the tf2 thread i recently made, the decision isn’t final and its more so until we get something sorted out with DMs, etc., hopefully. i base my community nights around a non-concrete but instead a firm and flexible schedule so that it can be predictable but still can bend to fit the most people’s convenience.

as for the second part, way ahead of you, tf2 now has an @‘able role for population, been asking for it for ages

17 hours ago, Tatost said:

When you have population events/days, don't base the event off of the "host's" schedule. Make the events start at times where we can get the most population. In other words, don't start the events in the middle of the day when people are either at work/in school (depending on the time of year). Think about where the majority of our player base is (U.S./Canada), then think "what is the best time to bring in players?"

as far as I know, three of the four of us that would be "hosts" (myself, Jadow, Bumpy, and occasionally Lithium) work* and are not available at the same times that everyone else is at work/school/etc. any time we consider pop events it's always for a weekend and in the evening, when 90% of people will be off of work

*this is currently, for the summer - once school starts up again who fucking knows what's gonna be happening

6 hours ago, Bonk said:

as far as I know, three of the four of us that would be "hosts" (myself, Jadow, Bumpy, and occasionally Lithium) work* and are not available at the same times that everyone else is at work/school/etc. any time we consider pop events it's always for a weekend and in the evening, when 90% of people will be off of work 

*this is currently, for the summer - once school starts up again who fucking knows what's gonna be happening

Thing is, you don't need a "host" unless you're doing some sort of giveaway for credits/items. They don't really have an impact on the game that normal staff members (mods, admins) would have. Just have regular events so, if someone wanted to join in, they could plan around it. I think it would be nice to have some sort of regular population to kind of get people back into the mood for playing JB/MG.

12 hours ago, hongkongatron said:

as for the second part, way ahead of you, tf2 now has an @‘able role for population, been asking for it for ages

I'm also asking for a CS:GO role other than 10manner : (