Meaty
  • Identity
    meaty#8667, STEAM_0:0:68795845
  • Position
  • Time Active on Servers
    idfk
  • Information

Hi give me Discord mod

I've been in the discord server for almost as long as I've been playing on xG and I feel like I'm fairly suitable for discord moderator. 

And I'm 14 now as of 3 days ago so I can post staff applications so I figured I might as well apply.

I know I can be a bit immature at times but I've been trying to work on that and I understand if people are skeptical.

I'm going off on a tangent so I'm gonna end this here

pls +1 I need to feed my family

• I have read the staff submission rules and meet the requirements for the division I'm applying for.
    Yes

This kid is way too underage, kick him out.

I didn't meet Meaty that long ago but he has left one hell of a good impression. He is surprisingly mature for being 9 years old and especially for being in xG. I'm not really certain how he'd perform in more stressful situations but am certain he'd keep his cool and get help as opposed to caving. Good memer and takes banter really well.

+1

8 hours ago, Meaty said:

I know I can be a bit immature at times but I've been trying to work on that and I understand if people are skeptical.

I can't really speak for how you performed as a staff member in the TF2 division since I wasn't exactly playing TF2 while you were staff, but I can say that what I've seen over Discord has been more or less positive. That being said, I have seen certain situations where you might have a little trouble keeping your cool- something you've already acknowledged, which at least demonstrates a level of maturity. It's not unusual to have a staff member show poor judgement, but I feel like if you're just a little more careful than most with keeping your cool it would do the Discord some justice to have you keeping an eye on the server since you pretty much read it all day.

As a previous Discord moderator, I can assure you that the bot will suck major dick and learning how to use it will be a pain in the ass (pretty sure none of the staff members actually know how to use this one anyway, so try and be the first). If you're up to actually learn how to use the bot and you can handle upping the maturity when you're dealing with people, then +1. Just make sure not to join in on arguments, take care of them if they get out of hand. Not all arguments are bad, some are healthy and it's really up to the discord staff to discern whether or not they should step in. Generally this role is ridiculed much more than others, at least from what I've seen and personally experienced so growing some thick skin will be a big help. Please don't turn into a lurker staff member who forgets that they have discord powers.

-1 simply because I do not believe he possesses the maturity or judgement to not jump into an argument and instead keep things under control. I say this only in part because of my past experiences with him as, when he was staff, it was very frequent on discord that I would have to practically babysit him into doing what didn't need to be said (when he was the staff member). The past is the past, however, and this alone plays an insurmountably small part in my decision. That being said, the lack of demonstration of maturity is my primary concern, partially because there's usually not a lot of drama these days to prove or disprove qualification of a staff position. Summary: In my opinion, he has not demonstrated the maturity needed to justify being given a staff position, but I would love to be proven otherwise should the opportunity arise.