Meaty

Brady1780

1 hour ago, Brady1780 said:

This right here is some shit. I agree I have very controversial views to many people. But your views could be very controversial to me as well. Simply because I have different views than many of you should not mean I deserve to be banned... You guys share views and get nothing said because the server admins also share these liberal view sets so I am the one who gets under fire. I'm not trying to play a victim here and Im also not saying I am perfect in the slightest bit. I have been a part of this community for a long mf time and I never remember it being a safe space that we silence anyone who offends anyone. Most of these people who +1 have never spoke to me. This is like seeing someones twitter and making a full judge of character off of 3 year old tweets. I did my time for the kike/dike comments. And we had a whole thing for a while on if the word faggot should be banned and if I remember correctly we decided that xG was never intended to be a safe space. Now look. I know that I am a bit toxic and if someone gets mad or offended by what I say I play into it because usually they are easy to trigger. I troll ok. There are no context messages here either I don't remember the context of most of those. (p.s. dont even have a reddit account)

Brady, you have a long history of "trolling", or really just piss-poor behavior, i.e. insulting people. To twist that around and pull the victim card here is actually not going to help your case at all. These aren't 'three year old tweets', if you looked at the first few pictures, all aside from 1 contains dates that are only 2 months old. You cannot literally change in 2 months, if you're claiming now that you're not the same person that said this 2 months ago. If you're claiming that xG is not suppose to be a safe place, you're right. But we have rules. In the Discord rules specifically, which is where most of this history comes from, there happens to be a rule that says "Racism, sexism or bigotry of any sort is not allowed". Faggot, from what I can recall is a bigot term, because I'm very doubtful we're referring to a bundle of sticks here, or cigarettes. Additionally, you kept breaking the rule that states "Do not disrespect, harass, troll or otherwise bother other users. This includes pings.". You've had more than 10 chances to fix your behavior, and did you? No, you doubled down here stating that you understood the rules and "trolled" anyways.

Edited by Tanman_Tanner (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Brady1780 said:

On top the messages in question are literally me saying I dont use the pronouns yet I only use the name of someone to address them. Its not like I am over hear absolutely harassing "them" calling them a guy in chat or calling him a faggot for living his life the way he wants. Me and meaty have talked in discord numerous occasions in vc (none recently) and not once have I disrespected them or bullied them. So it isn't a personal attack on them it was just stating that I believe in 2 genders.

Calling someone a r*tard isn't a political view its called being a piece of fucking garbage. Theres a difference between different political views and being a cuck.

1.PNG

+1 has always been a very toxic person in the community.

3 hours ago, Brady1780 said:

This right here is some shit. I agree I have very controversial views to many people. But your views could be very controversial to me as well. Simply because I have different views than many of you should not mean I deserve to be banned... You guys share views and get nothing said because the server admins also share these liberal view sets so I am the one who gets under fire. I'm not trying to play a victim here and Im also not saying I am perfect in the slightest bit. I have been a part of this community for a long mf time and I never remember it being a safe space that we silence anyone who offends anyone. Most of these people who +1 have never spoke to me. This is like seeing someones twitter and making a full judge of character off of 3 year old tweets. I did my time for the kike/dike comments. And we had a whole thing for a while on if the word faggot should be banned and if I remember correctly we decided that xG was never intended to be a safe space. Now look. I know that I am a bit toxic and if someone gets mad or offended by what I say I play into it because usually they are easy to trigger. I troll ok. There are no context messages here either I don't remember the context of most of those. (p.s. dont even have a reddit account)

and it's not because you have controversial views but you openly disrespect other peoples views (which you literally have 0 experience in) only to start shit

4 minutes ago, ScottNi said:

+1 has always been a very toxic person in the community.

and it's not because you have controversial views but you openly disrespect other peoples views (which you literally have 0 experience in) only to start shit

I have had a damn near 3 hour long talk on why I shouldn't openly disrespect people like this. I realize it boils down to I dont know what the fuck they go through or the struggle of acceptance that they go through. i openly am demeaning a problem that they struggle with on the daily and why most trans or furry type people commit suicide because they feel they cant express themselves. Although I don't share the same view as them I should still respect them and not demean them because I don't agree. Now saying that I know this does not change what I have said or done. and no I can't say that I have completely changed since i said those things but, I have a new understanding of them. I do enjoy starting shit but thats because Im just an asshole by nature. This is no secret. but a permanent ban from a community that I've grown up in practically for being an asshole just seems a bit fucked. I'm gonna be honest Im always gonna be an asshole but I now will be an asshole in non-controversial ways.

I don’t think this is relevant but the screenshots of him using slurs in the discord was almost 2 years ago. He also was punished for those remarks back then, and did the unban challenge.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:31 PM, yadingo said:

I don’t think this is relevant but the screenshots of him using slurs in the discord was almost 2 years ago. He also was punished for those remarks back then, and did the unban challenge.

image.png.76d825975515e9d89f70e60545dd77bc.png

https://content.xenogamers.com/monthly_2021_03/image.png.316096904c33cd6d3f2bfb54d8b40cc6.png

While I agree that citing some 2 year old images of his behavior isn't the best examples, these images from 2 months ago show he didn't learn much over the past 2 years that would warrant those 2 images not being valid here. I think it's still fair game when considering that this is more over his actions as a whole, not just recent actions alone. Thank you for clarifying that he was punished, but I think this protest is more for him being removed from his membership role with the possibility for a permanent ban, that's not set in stone, over the punishments collectively, not just a singular instance.

Since this has apparently gotten a lot of attention, I will throw in my 2 pesos. 

First off, discord warnings on known users tend to often not be a good representation. As someone with multiple meme warns, I know this from experience. For example, being racist to a friend who doesn't genuinely find it offensive isn't an issue. I'm sure Jadow doesn't actually give a shit when I make Chinese jokes. It's the same as how if someone I know calls me a beaner I won't care but if it's some random person -  then like yeah, wtf?

Brady's bigotry is not a question. He is very openly an edgelord, for "comedic" purposes or not, and he does certainly INTEND to offend people. I can't really say much on the current company of Brady as I rarely join the voice chats anymore, but back in the days he was fun company, as dingo mentioned. The way he treats other members is obviously not okay, and I'd be all for muting him from text chat as he clearly hasn't been able to behave himself around other people. 

My opinion is going to be roughly the same as dingo's; +1 for membership removal, -1 for permaban. However, if you can prove that reddit post was him, that definitely warrants a permanent ban from the community. Going out of your way to target and harass someone should never be allowed, which is exactly what that reddit post was doing. 

18 hours ago, Brady1780 said:

I troll ok.

we do a little bit of trollin

On 3/11/2021 at 5:52 PM, yadingo said:

Okay that’s fine if you think that but it seems like a good fix to me 

If it didn't work before, and it didn't work the time after that, it's not going to work now. If I'm proven wrong then I'm proven wrong, but considering how many times he's been warned about this, formally and informally, and how he's been punished for it has done nothing in regards to him stopping this behavior,  why mute if he's not going to learn? A harsher punishment is needed. However, if it's confirmed that he's the creator of that Reddit thread, I'd personally like to see a permaban, as this is beyond just 'trolling' if that's the case. Additionally, the 'trolling' Brady does is borderline harassment. Making inside jokes and poking fun at each other is one thing, but Brady doesn't do that. He actually goes out of his way to start issues with other members and has had no issue insulting them in a very rule-breaking manner, as seen in the images.

5 hours ago, Dannypicacho said:

that definitely warrants a permanent ban from the community. Going out of your way to target and harass someone should never be allowed, which is exactly what that reddit post was doing. 

I agree that this would be completely fucked. I dont know who tf made it but I can assure everyone I dont even have a reddit and didnt even know chrono had one. I am down to do the time for what Ive said because it hurt people and I see it now but a permanent ban seems a bit ridiculous. @Meaty I genuinely am sorry for offending you I say shit sometimes that I regret later but that doesnt change the fact I said it. This gon be reformed brady v5 but aint gon be a v6

On 3/11/2021 at 9:42 PM, Brady1780 said:

I agree that this would be completely fucked. I dont know who tf made it but I can assure everyone I dont even have a reddit and didnt even know chrono had one. I am down to do the time for what Ive said because it hurt people and I see it now but a permanent ban seems a bit ridiculous. @Meaty I genuinely am sorry for offending you I say shit sometimes that I regret later but that doesnt change the fact I said it. This gon be reformed brady v5 but aint gon be a v6

I think you sound like you sincerely are aware of your actions now and you're acting a lot more mature than your first post here. That's a good start. Additionally, you also seem pretty serious about the Reddit thing, so let's drop that and simply state this protest is more over your behavior as a whole aside from that post, as it's hard to even really conclude atm who posted it.

So, here's what I think should happen. You should definitely have your membership removed as an overdue smack on the wrist. After some time, you can reapply for membership given you change your behavior and apologize. I think you're an asshole because you act like an asshole, because you decided to do that. You can restrain yourself from acting like an asshole but you either haven't cared to yet or don't know how not to. Don't think I'm saying you can't poke fun with your pals. You are welcomed to poke fun and fuck around so long as they take it as a joke and not a threat or insult. If you do those jokes, try to do it in the voice chat as if it's in a general chat, it's more likely to offend others. What I am saying is don't go out of your way to insult people for the sake of doing so, or as you call it 'trolling'. If they talk shit, then leave it to staff to deal with them. Do not let them enable you to break the rules. Do not also turn conversations political if you can, we have many views in this server but we're not the Presidential Debate of 2020, we don't need to discuss those views. Don't call people ableist, sexist, or racist slurs. If you can do that, you'll be good going on. Though your last ban that I can see was 2019, between then and now you had several formal warnings and many, many informal warnings on your behavior. This is a better alternative to the permanent ban proposal as it at least gives you the chance to change your behavior rather than outright banning you for good, as let's be honest here, nobody wants to outright permanently ban a regular member who, as you stated, spent many years here.

That being said, what I am suggesting is probably your last warning. If you do this type of shit again, expect a harsh punishment, most likely permanent ban, although that'll be up to the staff down the line, if we have to go down that route at all.