Hypnagog

Name Issue

This should not be a perma ban at all. He should have told you to change your name, and then kick you, and after that a short ban if you didnt change after that. @@Ebic

This could be due to that we dont have a admin handbook anymore, so new moderators can have a hard time to know what to do in different situations.

If its because the Div leaders or Co leaders are to busy to make a new one, let me know and i can make it, based on the old one.

No, earlier today you were asked nicely to change your name, and you didn't. You were given a fair warning then too. After that you disconnected. I did mean to permanently ban you it was only meant to be an hour ban... I'll rectify this.

Thanks.

Edit - Meant to say 'I didn't mean to permanently ban you-'

You can change your name so I think the hour ban was good enough. All you do is shift tab and change online name. Wow you like to lie dont you cause I think ebic did the right thing.

I don't understand. Am I or am I not unbanned. When I went to change my name I got banned, that's the whole of it. And a perma-ban on top of all of that?

You're telling me that as a player who follows the rules of the server and has had no history of greivous violations, that I'm going to be perma-banned from your server because of a small issue with my name? In my opinion, that's rediculous.

I did mean to permanently ban you it was only meant to be an hour ban... I'll rectify this.

Thanks.

wait, i'm confused, so did you mean to perm ban him or not?

also, you are unbanned, perm ban for this is ridiculous, I'm not closing this since I want to know what happened

I don't understand. Am I or am I not unbanned. When I went to change my name I got banned, that's the whole of it. And a perma-ban on top of all of that?

You're telling me that as a player who follows the rules of the server and has had no history of greivous violations, that I'm going to be perma-banned from your server because of a small issue with my name? In my opinion, that's rediculous.

We are waiting for a Div leader to look at this, but im pretty sure you will get unbanned.

It went down like this: Some admin asked me to change my name so that if a quick command needed to be put in for me as a player there wouldn't be an issue. I didn't change my name immediately because I had only been on 5 minutes and I don't regularly break the rules. That's about as far of a violation I feel that I committed.

Later while playing as a CT, I shot a T that should have lived because a determined number of survivors was given for the Wipeout game on the Dubai map and I shot the wrong one when multiple fell off the platform together. Ebic was mad that he couldn't slay me for making that mistake and asked to change my name again. I logged off to change my name so that I wouldn't interupt any more play with that issue. I tried to log back on and I was perma-banned.

I think the worst thing I did was not follow the request at that very moment, but I still don't think that it demands a perma-ban. I like playing Jailbreak and I don't eff up too often.

Yeah I meant to say 'didn't' Sorry for confusion lol. You were previously asked by cookiesars to change your name earlier and you didn't. Later that day I meant to ban you because still you refused to follow a simple rule. It wasn't like he asked you 5 minutes ago then I banned you. He asked you a while ago and obviously you didn't want to. I asked you again, and you didn't, you left so I had to give an hourly ban. I apologise for the permanent ban, that was incidental. Thanks.

And it wasn't like you were interrupting play either, you were previously asked about it and you didn't change it. This wasn't 5 minutes ago I assure you. I understand you're annoyed because of a mistake I made too, I apologise, but you can't blatantly lie and say you were told several minutes earlier prior to the ban. You were definitely not.

alright, it's all good then, an hour ban seems fine for this(make sure to do it right next time tho!) and he was already unbanned by me, so

closed