Sign in to follow this  
diabeetus

Pot/Betting System

Ok, so to help liven up the server a little bit I was thinking that we could try to implement the !pot system. For all those who don't know what it is, you basically bet credits on whichever team you believe is going to win the round (by typing !bet ct <amount> or !bet t <amount>).

This system is implemented on a lot of other servers, and doesn't seem like it would be that hard to include in our CS:S servers (I believe that a similar system was in our Jailbreak server a while ago, but I couldn't really find anything on it from a couple of searches throughout the forums). In my opinion it would not only liven up the servers a little bit and make things more interesting, it could help to bring in more donations so people can have more credits to bet with. Post your thoughts below please!

AbrahamL was involved, I guess.

Hmmm, maybe. There are some rounds which are pretty obvious on who's going to win. For example, when a new map begins, the team ratios are usually pretty messed up. I think earlier on today I saw 1 CT go against ~15 Ts.

Also, you would have to consider if there should be a maximum amount of credits that a player can bet. Someone could easily get lucky with a !bet CT 5000 and not have to donate for quite some time since they would have 10 000 credits. Then they could go !bet CT 10000, etc...

A T could also buy a large bomb to ensure the Ts' victory in a round. 500 credits is a small sacrifice to make when you know you will win a much larger amount because of it. This could cause a severe credit inflation in the server's economy, and before you know it, there will be large bombs every round since everybody has ludicrous amounts of credits.

I'm just saying that it might be a good idea to set some parameters in place that define the ways in which betting may be used.

Maybe make it so that only CTs may bet. This would encourage better team play (less derp CTs since there is more at stake), and would solve Ts using bombs to win a bet...although the possibility for inflation would remain.

(Decision: 0)

To those who are concerned that it would give away too much money, I believe that the plugin make sure that this doesn't happen. It's difficult to explain but if you want proof, or if you just want to see the plugin in action, check out this server ip: 70.42.74.249:27016. Plus if we wanted to, we could edit the plugin so that you can only win a certain amount of the money that you bet (For example, we could cap it at 5-10% max, so if you bet 1000 credits, you'd only get 50-100 credits)

Sign in to follow this