Sign in to follow this  
PurplePenguin

How to make a spray or avatar! Easy mode

So after checking out the Avatar and Sprays section and browsing for about 5 minutes I got frustrated with the huge amount of threads asking for sprays. For that reason I have decided to make an easy to follow guide on how to make your own awesome spray or avatar!

What you need:

Creativity.

A sense of humor.

MS Paint. If you don't have it you can get it here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/winntwks40/paint/1/nt4/en-us/paintnt.exe

STEP ONE:

Get creative, think of what you want your picture to look like. If you are making this for someone else than carefully read their post and make a picture that is exactly what they ask for. Exactly.

In this case I will be using this post.

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2011_06_13.jpg.aa7934e5b641a47c387d6e1739877aa3.jpg

I have censored the name for utmost security.

I chose to aid this poster because he "would like one very must."

So if we read his post we see that he wants one that looks like his "Logo or steam profile thing."

I labeled his logo and steam logo thing so you can see what I'm talking about (The 1 and 2.)

So first we are going to Open MSpaint.

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2011_06_18.jpg.d6c0c3a4419a6d2f6f8c0d59b6c9331d.jpg

It can be found in C: > Windows > System 32. Unless you installed it from the link above, then check your Downloads folder.

After opening MSpaint the default resolution is going to be perfect for your spray and avatar creating, so select the paint brush tool. (Under Brushes)

For this spray the client wanted something like this logo or steam thing, so I decided to use a lot of bright colors randomly strewn across the page with a purple thrown in for fun.

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2011_06_21.jpg.94b7f57d1534dfc2b0ca593b3eb339e9.jpg

After that add some finishing touches such as your name, for the purposes of security I just put "name".

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2011_06_24.jpg.52cf9a718363c520d917999b204acdbf.jpg

Notice that the "Name" is totally off center, this is to confuse people in game so I can kill them as they read my spray.

And their you have it, thanks for reading my guide I hope it helps you make good and thought provoking pictures in the future.

<3,

Purple Penguin

great tutorial dude lol i may have to use this. And is that a joke where u said it throws people off when its off center or were you serious lol.

Start > all programs > accessories > paint.

MSpaint is just the name for the new "Paint" (same program) that comes with all Windows 7 PCs. If you want a real photo editing software i'd say get "paint.net" at Redirecting ...