Sign in to follow this  
Colour

My finger is messsed upppp.

I just thought I would share a quite interesting story with my mates.

First of all, let me start this story at about 4 weeks ago..... I was clipping my left index finger one day where I accidentally cause a hangnail to sprout... this sucker was somehow attached to the lining that connected my fingernail and finger. I was getting incredibly furious because no matter what I would do, it would not heal. I would have to FULLY wait for it to grow back into the right position, or rip it out. I did the manly thing and ripped it clean off. Yeah it hurt, but i'm not some pu$$y. I just ignored it and was finally happy that the annoyance was gone. A few days later, I notice that my finger was swelling... a LOT. and had a throbbing pain. I instantly knew that it somehow got infected (most likely due to the fact that there was a huge gap from the damn hangnail). I decided to just let it be, and was assuming that it would be healed by itself. A day or two pass, and I notice that the bottom of my nail, and some skin around the nail were becoming green. Out of fear of becoming a finger-amputee, I decide to deal with the infection. I took a bowl, filled it with water and sea salt, and let my finger soak in it for a while. I start poking it with a needle and watch as puss and blood continually (we're talking about 35 minutes long) flows out of the tiny holes. It was one of the most DISGUSTING smells I have ever inhaled. But, PHEW. My finger wasn't hurting anymore and I actually had some sense in it.

Over the span of the next few weeks, I notice that the fingernail is still yellow, and I don't really care (considering it doesn't hurt or anything).

Two days ago, my fingernail starts coming up at the bottom ([ATTACH]258.vB[/ATTACH]) and i'm like GREAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT! It is INCREDIBLY loose and is connected by the middle of the nail, ([ATTACH]259.vB[/ATTACH]) and can be literally picked up on the other side.

Due to it being really loose, I decided to clip it in the corner because it was tickling the inside of my finger. ^.^ Here is a picture of it now, you can see that the bottom half of the nail is white, and above that is red. [ATTACH]260.vB[/ATTACH]

I don't really know if I should go to the doctor or not. Do you think it may be infected, or just "dead" ??

Thanks for reading my story :)

notmynail.jpg.a4c0c7f6e70d853310459044b003d114.jpg

notmynail2.jpg.24bee3043f697b4d49b9a74baba1d168.jpg

mynail.thumb.jpg.467307762694d64995c35e5cdefe3971.jpg

First, man, let me commend you for letting this out to us. Most teens your age would choose to hide this and keep it a secret, but this is far too important to be hidden away. I thank you for your honesty and your openness about this incredibly embarassing and sexually demeaning situation.

Second, if you need a shoulder to cry on, you're always welcome to use mine. Assuming you buy a two-way airplane ticket from my location to your location and arrange a way for me to spend two nights there free of charge (as well as providing a $300 inconvenience charge), I will let you rest the **** out of your little head on my shoulder. It'll be great. Trust me.

Thirdly, go see a ****ing doctor dude, holy ****.

I thank you for your honesty and your openness about this incredibly embarassing and sexually demeaning situation.

I can't even explain how true this is! D: I just want to cry it makes me so sad.......

man up pu$$y, lol jkz. u should probably see a doctor, 15$ for a walk in clinic is worth not having to pay for a $1000 dollar operation on ur hand if it comes to that. ur fingernail is probably dead or dying and it will fall off eventually. this happened to both my big toes, somehow i stubbed them, then the nail became whiter than usual at the bottom, and eventually i was able to pick it apart from the bottom and about 2 weeks later or so, the original nail fell off completely, and there was a newer one underneath. u might also have an ingrown fingernail which is a ***** to deal with. clean ur wound with hydrogen peroxide, cause it fizzes or whatever when it comes into contact with bacteria, that way u can guess as to how infected ur nail is, then clean with alcohol, maybe put some polysporine on it and wrap firmly with a bandage, then see the doctor as soon as u can

Or metal, and have a laser put into the end of it. Not one of those lame Powerpoint presentation lasers, but one that can cut a guy's head off from 50'. That would be badass.

Or metal, and have a laser put into the end of it. Not one of those lame Powerpoint presentation lasers, but one that can cut a guy's head off from 50'. That would be badass.

Lasers? be original. get a spork instead of a finger.

You said to get a wood one at first, Vero. At least mine was cool. What about one that is detachable, and you can make your own attachments. You could have a spork, and a laser. Oh, and a ratchet. I could really use that. Brb, cutting finger off.

Stop crying about your nails! Just put alittle color on it and no one will notice!

No but real talk bro, my dad who's a Doctor says that its probably ingrown nail and you need to see a doctor like now. Don't even mess around, go see a doctor now!

Quote from my dad "He should probably get that check right away, its at the beginning stage of what looks to be like ingrown nail. If proper treatment isn't taken soon, he's going to need surgery, and its going to be a hell lot of pain while its growing. You should really tell him to not mess around and get it check asap the longer you wait the more the infection can increase"