Fink

Comp Med Tips? (comp Players Or Experienced Players Only Pls)

I used to main scout, was decent but took a break for a while. i only played tf2center lobbies and did decent lmao, so i wouldnt consider myself good, but i could hold my own. like i said i took a break, kinda sucked at scout when i came back and started playing medic more. i can stomp in pubs (which doesnt say much) and i wanna take it to the next level. any tips from comp med mains or comp players who know how some things about medic would be appreciated. if you spend your time on trade servers or pubs and come to give me advice, im sorry dont think ill take it, looking for experienced comp players. thanks guys :D

Im specifically referring to sixes med, but HL tips are appreciated too. Medic basically controls the whole team in 6s, so its a very pressuring role.

Learn heal orders, sniper lines, how far you can extend, and when to use ubers. The timing of ubers is important and you'll learn it through experience. Try medic in a couple lobbies, and most people will be willing to critique you, just ask politely.

Lol medic is an easy class to play u can just ask @Whyte

But as I spy main I'm just tell you right now.

> watch the sky's

> do not chase down spy's just call him out to your team.

> don't heal or uber the enemy spy

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Lol medic is an easy class to play u can just ask @Whyte

But as I spy main I'm just tell you right now.

> watch the sky's

> do not chase down spy's just call him out to your team.

> don't heal or uber the enemy spy

i know. its only easy in highlander. in 6s, its one of the harder classes.

i played a hl tf2center as med and we destroyed the other team.

i played a hl tf2center as med and we destroyed the other team.

Well 1 game isn't how all of them are going to go, and that was highlander, highlanders are usually stomps. Try a 6v6 lobby as medic, and listen to what they're saying in mumble, callouts are very important.

Well 1 game isn't how all of them are going to go, and that was highlander, highlanders are usually stomps. Try a 6v6 lobby as medic, and listen to what they're saying in mumble, callouts are very important.

i did. we won, but i didnt do well. i need to learn about 6s more. i know a lot about highlander already. btw, ive played quite a bit of highlanders as medic and other classes. we usually win so. you're right on the stomping aspect

Honestly I suggest you add me, I can give you plenty of medic tips for any comp. league/division. I can write it here if you prefer but I have a lot to say and I won't give a tl:dr so its your call, but if I had to guess I'm probably the bets person to come to about this.

for 6s, main tips for med is just like

try to keep your scouts fully overhealed 100% of the time. your scouts should be positioning themselves so they're easy to heal. (really only applies if your scouts arent trash lol)

keep your demo/pocket fully buffed if you can (demo > pocket)

buff soldiers before they bomb

play with pocket/demo as much as you can

if your team is a hard scout carry, then feel free to be a little ballsy

make sure your pocket knows to call stickies so you dont drop to his mistake

be scared of everything. seriously.

it's best to keep your position from the enemy if you can. don't peak anything before your pocket or demo does.

from there it's just learning. med is a pretty easy class to learn mechanically, but it's hard to master. (ie, arrows, surfing off rockets, mlg ubers, etc)