Sign in to follow this  
Otherworldly

Sopa canceled!

I don't have a link, but SOPA is canceled supposedly! Only half the battle has been won as PIPA or the Protect IP act needs to be canceled as well. It's not as known and is a bill trying to be passed under the radar, but luckily we caught it's attention.

Keep up the work for those of you that help in fighting against these horrible laws that would be enacted.

EDIT: It's been pulled from the floor. So it could pop back in at any time with lots of changes. I say we CRUSH it and NEVER support it. They want to make it better for everyone but in reality the bill will always be the end for us.

Like I said in my edit, it was shelved. This is just trying to convince the weaker minds that "OH ITS BETTER BECAUSE THEY FIX IT"

Hell fucking no. We still need to stand as strong as we did before and we always will.

Do not tolerate the backwards motion SOPA and PIPA would cause.

This legislation has not been canceled, and continues to get rolled through Congress by the RIAA - er, ahem, I meant Senator Reid. The Wikipedia blackout is an important initiative in the protest of this bill, and we can only hope that the negative word of mouth against this bill is enough to scare people away from the RIAA's wallet. I'm not certain, though -- there's a powerful lobbying body behind this bill, and the naive individuals not raised on the Youtube diet aren't really in touch with how this bill will negatively effect the nation.