Sign in to follow this  
Nivek_Relyk

Sorry for the innactivity

Sorry guys that i havent had the chance to be on lately, I just got back yesterday from a 2 day livestock judging contest and i started my job last week so i havent really had the chance to be active. I'll try to get on when i can, <3 you guys and keep the community going strong!

How do you judge livestock? I really want to know because im doing a report on fast food in one of my classes and was just curious to see how the rating system went if their actually was one.

the rating system we go off of is really how good the animal looks (ex.) for a breeding heifer you would want a heifer(female cow) with wider hips a bit on the heavier side who has some masclanity, With a market steer(male cow) who could be sold for meat, generally your looking for muscalarity, not so much fat but a little, and no abnormalitities with the cow. Goats, i dont know how to judge them besides muscularity and no fat. Pigs you want muscularity, not a lot of fat but you dont want their hindquarters to be too bid and they still need some fat. thats just a general overveiw but im not going to go in depth of what EXACTLY to look for in each catagory