Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Please put a password on surf!

The only thing passwords help do is discourage other people from joining the server, since they don't know the password can be anything. A DDOS only requires an IP and it involves spamming requests to a server and, from what I know, it can be as simple as a ping request.

Also, I think Silence said the host put the pass on automatically.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

Surf went down again and lost all rpg stats fucking again... Is it possible to get valve involved in this? If the guy who is doing this has done it to other servers and disruption gameplay then im not getting my monies worth out of CS:S.

Maybe steam could suspend his account or something?

You think he's going to stop ddosing because he loses a steam account?

This entire thread is retarded. Stego, why don't you look up DDoS and do some reading before making any more stupid posts.

The only thing passwords help do is discourage other people from joining the server, since they don't know the password can be anything. A DDOS only requires an IP and it involves spamming requests to a server and, from what I know, it can be as simple as a ping request.

Also, I think Silence said the host put the pass on automatically.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

You are right. The host put the password on the server for a verification test, because of the ddos.

My guess is if the ddos continue, then the host will also put a password on surf.

Oh the lulz in this thread.

Just give it a bit, or go play on other surf servers for a bit. Or even better yet, go outside! So many options so little time!

shouldnt you put the @@silence in front of what you are trying to say?

I don't really think it matters, he just put the tag there so it would give Silence a notification on this thread.