Sign in to follow this  
LostCause

Hat Errors

Whenever i join the xG servers people who have hats have Giant Errors above there heads and when i look in my Cstrike to see all the hats i have downloaded theres only 1 in there the creeper hat and its getting really annoying ive tried resarting CSS and Steam nothing helps ive tried deleting all the Materials and it dosnt work does anyone have any clue how to fix these errors???? It would mean a lot if you could help!

On steam, right click CS:S and go to "properties" , then go to "local files" . After you do that, verify the integrity of game cache. It should work by then.

If that doesn't work then , I would defragment the files ( you should see another option for that in "local files" under CS:S. After defragmenting, you should verify the game cache once again.

Hope this helps and works.

Try this...

Browse to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[username]]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models\

Delete everything in the models folder, but not the models folder itself (so leave the empty models folder)

This will force all models to re-download.

NOTE: If you have custom gun models or something this may or may not affect them. Make backups if needed.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

And let me know if that works, there's a lot of people with the same problem.

Try this...

Browse to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[username]]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models\

Delete everything in the models folder, but not the models folder itself (so leave the empty models folder)

This will force all models to re-download.

NOTE: If you have custom gun models or something this may or may not affect them. Make backups if needed.

Do the same thing with this folder as well:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[username]]\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\models\

Make sure to it it to both folders, not just one or the other. Also make sure CS:S is closed.

Let me know.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I've heard about this problem a lot but I've never experienced it so you all are kind of guinea pigs.

Anyone notice when it started happening and have any suspicions of what causes it? I've been told that skrim and pure servers can cause problems but I've played on a pure server with no problem so I'm not sure I guess.

McNeo is right but u have to delete the hat pack files from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[username]]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models\ folder in there u will find ex. troll2 thats for the troll face but there is folders for hats in the materials/mode folder 2 those are usually the textures of the hats are in here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[username]]\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\models\ same as the example above, so you pretty much have to delete them all and then go to your steam click properties on your css and local files tab and defragment game cache and verify game files, hopefully that will fix your problem, if this doesn't help and you really want your hats back Uninstall CSS delete the whole css folder in steam and reinstall css you might have to reinstall the whole steam itself do to temp files stored in the libraries in your computer

I made a backup of my CSS folder then jumped into a pure server to sabotage my own shit.

I was seeing errors for everything LOL but when I deleted the models and materials folders I got all the skins and trails back BUT I still have hat ERRORS.

Now, I have my backup so I can still play just fine, bu I experimented with deleting damn near everything and I still had hat errors.

I'm working with an admin of that other server to see if he has any ideas.

Thanks to my backup and through process of elimination I've determined the problem is SOMEWHERE inside the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[user]]\counter-strike source

At this point I'd offer this as a solution to anyone who wants to try:

1. Right-click on Counter-Strike: Source on your Steam screen and click Delete Local Content
  2. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\[[user]]\counter-strike source and delete it ALL (I suspect that certain custom files remain after you tell Steam to delete CS:S, that's why the problem remains when you've tried reinstalling in the past.)
  3. Reinstall CS:S

Note that this will also reset all your settings, configs, bindings, etc. I can't tell you what you can or cannot save at this point since I'm still not sure what's causing the problem BUT this method should work.

It should... I made a backup of my CSS folder and I can copy and paste back and forth to fix the error, its gotta be something in that folder.