Sign in to follow this  
Salt

Open Discussion for Minecraft Factions Server

The factions server is almost near completion. I'm making sure everything is working, but before live I would like everyones input for what they would like or not. I make no promises as to what you individually want will be added, but I do promise to consider it and give a response as to why or why not. (Really going to regret saying that, but whatever.) I want to set a date and time for when I will let the server go live so that everyone has a fair chance to claim land and mine. Right now I am thinking of Saturday or possibly late afternoon Friday. Again input on times would be helpful. Also, this being a factions server what really makes it fun is the constant warring. I'd really appreciate it if we tried not to make an "All XG" clan or something that would have too much power and could steamroll everyone else. Everyone can be friends and I don't want people to get mad because one xG person attacked another's castle/home/base/crackhouse. It's supposed to be fun so take the hits and find a way to hit back.

Again post any suggestions and I will consider them. I am going to make a second post right after this one asking for COMMENTS on times. I want to try and work the launch so the maximum amount of people can start at the same time.

For you that have the server info I am going to be shutting down the server everytime I am not working on it as to give everyone a fair chance. I myself haven't even traveled far out of the spawn, but I will say that I can see a mine off in the distance. Should make for an interesting launch.

Leave comments of the times that would be best for launch for you. If all weekend works for you then comment that please. :)

Im not too familiar with faction servers. But im good whenever :) just gimme a heads up when you want to launch it. I wanna be there.

I love our towny for the most part so far, im sure this will be good as well. Could you explain a bit what factions entail? Im just a bit lazy to go to google.com atm :)

You make factions (Guilds/Clans) and claim land. The amount of land you can claim is based on your guilds pool of power that is gained from the amount of power each individual member has. You then war with other factions for their land or just to destroy them, but to claim/build/destroy on their land you have to have a higher power than theirs. Power can be lowered by dying so fighting players in other faction is a good way to lower their power thus take their land. Thats pretty much in a nutshell.