Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

$100 Contest

My biggest contest yet!

I'm looking for two AMAZING images to promote all things xenoGamers.

I'm gonna break this down some since a couple people are getting hung up here and there.

Images

This contest consists of two images:

• Banner: 460px wide by 60px tall
  • Square: 460px by 460px (approx)

Requirements I am mostly lax on these rules if I like what I see

For both images

Appearance:

• Must be original
  • Must submit Banner and Square designs as defined above of the same design/theme
  • Be neat, clean, professional
  • These will be used for marketing. Don't weigh them down with too much text. Make the images eye catching and engaging.

Content:

• Must contain "xenoGamers" (Use of existing logos/banners/icons is a plus but not required - DO NOT USE OUR CURRENT FAVICON)
  • Must include "www.facebook.com/xgrepresent" OR the Facebook logo immediately followed by "xgrepresent"
  • Do not use any images or content that does not fall under Fair Use protection (basically, if you use copyrighted stuff, don't do anything to imply xenoGamers owns it)
  • You may include your generic/permanent xG or Steam username and UserID as a watermark if you wish, no larger than 10px tall, must be within 20px of the bottom edge

For Square image only

Content:

• Must include "xenogamers.com" AND the QRcode defined below (QRcode should be used in proximity to "xenogamers.com")
  • Must include some information about the games, gametypes, and servers we offer (don't include IPs just in case they change)
  • Must include "25% off at HostGator.com with code 'xenogamers'"

QRcode

Any one of these images must be included in the "Square" image as-is. No size or color changes allowed. White border must be included. Make sure your editor doesn't make it fade, it must remain 2-toned. Choose 56x56px, 84x84px, or 200x200px.

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_41.png.8e30719c5d4706f2a5188ac3f151cca2.png

http://xg.mcneo.me/_hosting/images/xgqr56.png

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_42.png.bd487d13bdce444b0808805dc6504db1.png

http://xg.mcneo.me/_hosting/images/xgqr84.png

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_43.png.9ca5c0da5e12d986d443c27dcb2d1af8.png

http://xg.mcneo.me/_hosting/images/xgqr200.png

How To Enter

• Design the images as described
  • Email images and forum username to [email protected]
  • Entries must be received by Friday 07/27/2012
  • You do NOT need to make your designs public if you don't want to
  • If, for whatever reason, I don't like an aspect of your entry I will let you know so you can refine your design. Final entries must be received be 07/27/2012 NO EXCEPTIONS

How to win

I, McNeo, am sponsoring this contest so I alone will choose the winner. Winner will be notified by email the weekend of 07/27/2012.

Prize

$100 payable as:

• $25 donation to xG in your name
  • $75 e-giftcard. (One merchant only, must be able to send electronically via email)

OR $50 payable as:

• Money order snail-mailed to your lazy ass

Disclaimers

• I (McNeo) am the sole sponsor of this contest.
  • I reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
  • Rules and requirements subject to change. I will post a reply to this thread AND update the original post to reflect the change. You will not receive updates of changes via email.
  • If your entry does not meet the requirements I will let you know.
  • I will work with you to make it better fit what I'm looking for if I simply don't like your entry.
  • If a winner is chosen I reserve the right to use any and all entries by any person to benefit the community regardless if you are a winner or not. If no winner is chosen, no one's work will be used or published without permission.
  • Obvious trolls or spam entries will have their email(s) blocked and be immediately disqualified from this and all future contests I host/sponsor.

Current number of entries

Total entries: 6

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_41.png.e63d5a39d2bb7d9fe75276153ed34bf5.png

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_42.png.5879dc4df614f89a02e489fe6778eabf.png

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_43.png.6b39848039d049bf320120680649fbdf.png

Gonna tag some random people (in no specific order) who may be interested just to insure they see this post. If you're not interested, just disregard.

@@Slipery @@IStealKillz @@Loki @@AznPikachux3 @@FluffButtom @Fluttershy @@Zehdari. @@Nocturne @@faboolawz @@DuckiiJr. @@TryHard @@Fullbring @@FurHappens

Added:

Requirements

• These will be used for marketing. Don't weigh them down with too much text. Make the images eye catching and engaging.

Just read the requirements and didn't ustand shit, maybe it's because I just wake up so I'll give it another read later but Is there a way to see some sort Example? Or I just hope someone posts his entry here.

Lots of great entries thus far.

And an update!

For the requirements "I am mostly lax on these rules if I like what I see"

So we have to make both of the things or only one? I need to know so i can search my spidey pics folder. jk. Im serious about this one. I NEED ARMA II

HOLY POOP

I think we might already have a winrar.

AND IT WAS SUBMITTED ANONYMOUSLY with a temporary email address. You sir, bug me.

Contest is still on, but this it dead on and it looks beautiful.

Lemme guess...Loki made it?

HOLY POOP

I think we might already have a winrar.

AND IT WAS SUBMITTED ANONYMOUSLY with a temporary email address. You sir, bug me.

Contest is still on, but this it dead on and it looks beautiful.

#duckswag

I haven't submitted anything....yet.

Hey McNeo, youuld post it, since it's anonymous who gives a shit.

Well in the rules I said it didn't need to be public. If they chose not to then that was their choice, not mine.

I know who it is now. He's asked for it to stay private.

I do very much like it but there's a thousand other things I'm sure I'd love.

My artistic ability ends at 48x48 pixel icons for programs I develop lol (and most of those are already images I just shrink and modify lol)