Sign in to follow this  
DerpO_o

People Going to CT

Okay. There is a serious problem on jailbreak. Whenever somebody new gets on the server, the go instantly to CT because they want to have guns. 75% of the time they have no idea what they are doing and just go CT without reading the motd. This is extremely annoying and so far today I have been freekilled five times(or more) by retards who don't know motd. I think that there should be some plugin that makes it so new people on the server can't join CT for a certain amount of time has passed (Like 3 days or something like that.) so that they learn the rules a bit before they go guard for the first time. This will also make the job of a mod or admin a lot easier. Please post your opinions on this.

There have been a number of discussions about requiring a quiz or something but that just seems all too much to me.

I wonder if an easier approach may just be playing time, like.

if player_connected_time < 360 then 'do whatever so they can't get on CT *unless* they are needed cuz there's not enough players

@@Starbuck @@Jihad

Or whenever a new steam id connects that hasnt been added it will ban them from ct for like 4 hours. Also if they seem to know the rules than mods can just unban them.

but then that might go on ban logs

Or whenever a new steam id connects that hasnt been added it will ban them from ct for like 4 hours. Also if they seem to know the rules than mods can just unban them.

Quizzes or bans like this are too invasive for my liking. This is really why we have admins on the server - to deal with these exact people. Are you finding that admins are not on at the times you're on or that they're not effective when they are on?

This is really why we have admins on the server (...) Are you finding that admins are not on at the times you're on or that they're not effective when they are on?

This

Your admins can't be there 100% of the time....

BUT! what you could possibly do is when a player types !guard MOTD rules pop up or even a totally separate page explaining CT. And then again when they join CT.

It'd be a lot easier than making a plugin that tracks everyone's hours to determine tf they played long enough to be on CT

I think we should just leave it how it is and have our moderating staff deal with it like always. It's worked pretty well in the past.

If I had to take a quiz in a video game I would never come back to that server again. Blasphemy!

If I had to take a quiz in a video game I would never come back to that server again. Blasphemy!

"Today we will be playing trivia, prize is get swapped to CT" lol I like it

"Today we will be playing trivia, prize is get swapped to CT" lol I like it

"If you guys would please explain the rules about Last Ct" *sees everyone type motd in team chat* ctrl+c;ctrl+v lol

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    ProjectXenome