Sign in to follow this  
Ronaconda

Donation question

My dad has always been trying to convine me to be more charitable and generous with my possessions, most notably money. Ive always been a bit of a money whore because i dont like sending a donation off to never to see the reprecutions of the contribution. Unlike most other things xg is actually sonethibg i would consider making a sizable (for a hs student) donation to. Should my applicatio for membership pass, i was thinking of donating for mod, admin or w/e. I was just wondering specifically where to donate for these things and if a being a server mod would count as highschool volunteer hours. If so it would only.take a quick fax or scan to actually get a signature.

being a moderator for a gaming community would not go towards your high school volunteer hours, we dont have an objective to help change the world or to better society, we just offer a place where ppl can play games. i say just volunteer somewhere worth while like the food bank or ur local humane society, ull make a bigger difference that way for those who rely on them

LOL i wish being a mod in the server would count towards volunteering. I would have hundreds of additional hours.

But to be honest, even if it did count, I don't think a college application would take "moderating a gaming community" very seriously for community service. I'm working at a hospital during the summers, its good experience and a shit load of hours and you help people. Try that out.