JINGS

Need for a New Rank to Curve Excessive Freekilling

The server becomes a very scary place when Mods and Admins aren't on. Mass freekilling, vent breaking by CTs, Constant baiting, racism rampant, and just stupid CTs tht need a team switch. But alas us normal players cant do jack shit about it accept tell them off over the mic. I believe we need a new rank for xG one tht would be ALOT lower then Mod and the only powers i think they should have would be slay and team switch, NOT BAN. Do to the fact you would be adding more less qualified Sub-Mods I believe there should be a 2-3 strikes policy with this rank u start free slaying or team switching on ur own behalf then boom lose your rank. I'm not asking for this rank myself, i just want more people curving the freekilling and general rule breaking we have. this can help even when the mods and admins are on because on being human they cannot see everything but with more eyes = more slays and a happier JB community. This rank can also be used as a testing ground for potential real mods, but all this is speculation.

What do you think about this?

And do u think its realistic?

This is a problem, and slay would help solve the solution. However, giving these powers to specific people will also act like a moderator. It doesn't really serve the purpose of having stability at all times. Thus allowing us to give these powers to the majority of xG members. It might work, might not. We just have to try it.

However, when a moderator/admin is on the sub-moderator's powers are restricted.

That's just my opinion.

This would be horrible. We can't just trust anyone with powers. Let alone not everyone knows how to handle powers. The system we have right now is as good as it'll get for a gaming community.

What happens when the people with these powers aren't on either?

That's true Papi. I wouldn't know how to solve that.

Also, I know voting system's haven't worked in xG before. However, what if we had a voting system started by one of these "Sub-moderators" in order to slay a specific person.

How about any members applying for Mod are given these powers and for a week or 2 and have to show they can help control the servers but also not become power hungry with the powers so its like a testing phase for any members wanting Mod so they can prove themselves

yea its a terrible idea we could see if they want to put in some new commands like votectban and if the vote goes through for the player it ct bans him for a few hours or something i think that would be best fit for that , giving people powers like that they would abuse

How about any members applying for Mod are given these powers and for a week or 2 and have to show they can help control the servers but also not become power hungry with the powers so its like a testing phase for any members wanting Mod so they can prove themselves

I think the "100+ posts and the 2 months in xG" requirement for CSS mod powers serve as a good indicator of how somebody acts, or will act. A test would just further stretch to process to recruit new mods.

In response to the original post, I've rarely seen instances where no mods/admins are on. But, hypothetically, let's assume that there are frequently no mods/admins. There would have to be some sort of requirements in the sub-mod application (if an application is needed) so that, as Papi said, we could have a good idea if they could be trusted. All it takes is a few rounds of "!slay @all" for the whole server to leave.

Something tells me that this won't be implemented though.

From Vintage we had a trusted player rank. They needed at least 10 hours in the server, and to have a good attitude and the community to like them. Once they were approved they had access to vote commands ONLY, and could help curve the server when others were not on.