Sign in to follow this  
MineCrack

Ask me about Windows 8!

Alright so I'm getting windows 8 after I eat sushi then I will install it. Regardless if people hate or like it, ask me questions about it.

You can ask me questions such as what's compatible and how it feels. Even if you don't plan on getting it or if you hate it, maybe ask a series of questions that would probably change your mind?

Well the title of this thread is "ask me about windows 8" so thats exactly what im gonna do. Im asking you about windows 8....what is so cool about it, is 10x faster, is there a better logo? tell me about it.

Well from what I can see it looks like an inconvenient cluster fuck. Maybe I'm not used to it, but I don't like the layout.

We have a few Windows 8 machines at my work. The metro desktop can be shut off, but it's nice on a touchscreen computer or tablet.

If you're an system admin or power user I'm sure you appreciate how easy it is to get to advanced settings in Windows XP. Then Windows 7 nerfed everything and made it dumb. And with Windows 8, they did it again.

Other than that, from an end-user standpoint, it's pretty nice. There's a few things that are minorly frustrating for system admins though. And let me tell you something about networking... Well... Let's just say it's easier to get a rock to talk to a Mac.