Sign in to follow this  
QuangTang

CT requirements.

As of right now being CT requires the ability to type !guard, this isn't enough. The rule is that CTs must have read the !rules but we can't enforce that.

I would like to propose a minimum required playtime on the server, necessary to become CT. A total playtime of ten hours should suffice as this gives players ample time to learn the rules, maps and intricacies of the xG server.

The time isn't concrete and could be improved.

I don't know if this would work, people would just get bored before playing the 10 hours on T team, the first time I played on a a jb server about 2 years ago, I played for 2 hours and then left, read the rules and then joined CT

plus Starbuck is already very busy as it is right now with college and all the glitches

I'm not saying 10 hours at once and the time can be changed. I understand some people will get bored of T side very quickly.

I guess the goal here is to stop people from joining onto CT first thing. Maybe the requirement could just be for warden.

These rules could be overruled if an admin was on to swap people if they seemed mature and capable.

i wouuld love to see something like this put into place. when i join the server i freekilled a couple people because i hadnt read the rules. i actually asked nighty to perm ban me and now its glitched but i still play alot and only ever as a t. its not that bad, i have grown to love being a ninja and rebel. (though now i know rules and wish i could be a ct). i hate when people come in and freekill then wont slay themselfs and they dont know the rules.

On the other hand we might suddenly have a shortage of CTs. There are people who played on other servers and CTd, so they know the basic ideas, even if they're not familiar with server rules, then they end up joining xG and suddenly are stuck on T side. Besides, best way to learn the rules is through mistakes. We don't learn by watching expirienced CTs because they already know what not to do, we learn by wardening or CTing for a few hours, screwing up, and getting punished for it. And then we remember not to do it again, and in a few days viola, we have a perfect CT>

There was a great debate over this in the CS:S division this spring. It's simply impossible.

There will be times when too few people are on the server which would require noobs or derps to be on CT, any such mod which prevents this would result in no CTs and a dead server.

As a member try to coach the other players, and use Steam, TS3, and the shoutbox to look for a mod/admin if needed.

I simply encourage new players in the server to read !rules while they are dead waiting for the next round, and also pay close attention to who ever is warden and don't just kill people because they think that the T disobeyed the rule. They have to KNOW that they disobeyed warden orders before killing them. And if they ask "WHY DID I GET FREEKILLED?" (Even though they didn't) just simply tell them, you don't have to be a dick about it, that will just make them hop to another server... I usually tell them, once they get used to the rules, this can be the funnest server that you ever play on :)

it's a good idea, would stop lotsa freekills and camps and things resulting slay/teamban, but i think people will get bored of staying to all the time, thats the weak thing of this idea, if a time is enforced, people will get bored, and leave, and may never come back.

If possible just make it a requirement to be registered on the website. Then when they don't read the rules the admins slap a ban on them for a day or so to give them a chance to read them. Have longer bans for more offenses. On the other hand I do agree with Cerberus somewhat. The fact of the matter is Admins want to play too and they can't see every little thing that happens. And yo cannot expect everyone to have the same integrity as you do. I think we're on the right track here. A random quiz question is also a good idea. Something as simple as: "Are players allowed to heal when playing Thunderdome/gladiator?" You would be surprised at how many people warden and do not know that.