Sign in to follow this  
Hidingmaster

Favorite Map Games/Suggestions

What map games would you like to see?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What map games would you like to see?

• Couch Game
    • Boat Wars
    • Race
    • Death Race
    • Climb
    • Man Cannon
    • Jump Rope
    • Basketball
    • Death Soccer
    • Obstacle

So if you haven't seen, there are quite a few xG members getting together and creating a map for CSS Jailbreak. We would really appreciate input on what goes into the map, including what you all believe to be the best map games. We will attempt to include the top games on our map.

If there are ANY other suggestions, just post in this thread. Its a map by xG, for xG. If you want something specific in it, we will consider it (seriously).

And if any games are missed in the poll, which there will be, just post them here too.

NOTE: You may vote for more than one, but choose those that you would prefer the MOST.

I'd personally like to see a long death run/obstacle course. Things like Couch Game and Jump Rope aren't very fun and just take up a lot of time, where as in a race you're involved much more in it, and more is put to the test, rather than your fate being decided by sheer luck or your ability to time jumps. Just my $0.02.

Haha. The map is just an experiment. I expect it to be horrible. Don't get those hopes so high up. Just having fun.

Primary suggestions:

• Make the map spacious. Nobody likes being hopelessly bombed every round.
  • No guns that spawn in the cells. Vents are okay (if you must), but no guns. Or, if you absolutely must spawn a gun in the cells, don't make it spawn in random cells; make it a specific cell each time.
  • Keep the number of map secrets (like secret places to rebel) minimal. Make them obvious so that the CTs have a chance to shoot rebelling Ts if they are paying attention.
  • If a T wins a map game, make it obvious as to which T won. This can be done with podiums.

Secondary suggestions:

• A sewer or some sort of pit that players can voluntarily jump into and commit suicide (like in Sunny City).
  • Add tracer grenades like the ones Desert has after you complete climb, or put them in hard-to-reach places for the Ts.
  • If you add a man-cannon, try to make it possible to shoot multiple people at once.
  • Add a buyzone in the armory (in addition to the guns that already spawn there).
  • Don't add a close button for the cells.
  • Add some J-Biebs to the map's disco selection.

Primary suggestions:

• Make the map spacious. Nobody likes being hopelessly bombed every round. DONE
  • No guns that spawn in the cells. Vents are okay (if you must), but no guns. Or, if you absolutely must spawn a gun in the cells, don't make it spawn in random cells; make it a specific cell each time. DONE one cell will have a pistol with very limited ammunition.
  • Keep the number of map secrets (like secret places to rebel) minimal. Make them obvious so that the CTs have a chance to shoot rebelling Ts if they are paying attention. DONE
  • If a T wins a map game, make it obvious as to which T won. This can be done with podiums. DONE in the same fashion as avalanche

Secondary suggestions:

• A sewer or some sort of pit that players can voluntarily jump into and commit suicide (like in Sunny City). Strange, but make it done!
  • Add tracer grenades like the ones Desert has after you complete climb, or put them in hard-to-reach places for the Ts. Done, added my very own custom trail grenade, it's the best trail you will ever see. Replica of Alyx teleporting in HL
  • If you add a man-cannon, try to make it possible to shoot multiple people at once. Will be done, not sure where this will be placed, and will be controlled with mouse, not wasd. Although this seems like it will be an easy way for a T to annihilate all the CTs
  • Add a buyzone in the armory (in addition to the guns that already spawn there).You sure?
  • Don't add a close button for the cells. Done
  • Add some J-Biebs to the map's disco selection. Done and done

Should change the thread to say - ANYTHING you want will be added, regardless of how small it may be, or how big and seemingly difficult it seems, I will implement it. I finished bhop and longjump area, and I want to move on to more things, checking other thread to see who called what and just making whatever has not been picked yet.

You sure? [on the buyzone]

This may just be me, but I enjoy being able to choose the less common weapons like the SMGs or dual-elites.

Thanks for adding the other suggestions though! Hopefully things will turn out good. Probably too early to set a timeframe for a release date, huh?

This may just be me, but I enjoy being able to choose the less common weapons like the SMGs or dual-elites.

Thanks for adding the other suggestions though! Hopefully things will turn out good. Probably too early to set a timeframe for a release date, huh?

I've just heard that a buyzone messed up the JB mod that is implemented, but in any case, I will add a pimped out armory with all the weapons if that's the case. and yeah too early to decide, you should add me so you can test it out and give me some information on changes. Same with everyone else in this thread, please and thank you!

steamname is "bellach"

Primary suggestions:

• Make the map spacious. Nobody likes being hopelessly bombed every round.
  • No guns that spawn in the cells. Vents are okay (if you must), but no guns. Or, if you absolutely must spawn a gun in the cells, don't make it spawn in random cells; make it a specific cell each time.
  • Keep the number of map secrets (like secret places to rebel) minimal. Make them obvious so that the CTs have a chance to shoot rebelling Ts if they are paying attention.
  • If a T wins a map game, make it obvious as to which T won. This can be done with podiums.

Secondary suggestions:

• A sewer or some sort of pit that players can voluntarily jump into and commit suicide (like in Sunny City).
  • Add tracer grenades like the ones Desert has after you complete climb, or put them in hard-to-reach places for the Ts.
  • If you add a man-cannon, try to make it possible to shoot multiple people at once.
  • Add a buyzone in the armory (in addition to the guns that already spawn there).
  • Don't add a close button for the cells.
  • Add some J-Biebs to the map's disco selection.

The map is just an experiment. The second map will be good because of the experience and knowledge we will gain. So expect the first one to be horrible and break all of these suggestions.

Sign in to follow this