Matsi

IIllIILine xG|PM Tarping/Trolling

The warden said to take a step out and guncheck freeze.

line then said over the mic in a seemingly sarcastic voice: "Guncheck freeze means face your cells right?"

This to me is tarping and Nova slayed someone earlier today for something similar ("Isn't that guy a rebel") which had gotten someone killed....

I think Line should have been slayed for this and im certain if it was someone else that wasnt a mod they would have gotten slayed...

If he seriously did not know what guncheck freeze meant.... he is just dipshit retarded and needs to not be admin until he learns the motd that he is meant to enforce...

While trying to prove my point to other admins... line stated I was lucky I wasn't being banned for "argueing with admins and disrespect"

But by pure definition it is not a false order. It's obvious that it was stated with the intent to 'tarp,' but CTs have been finding ways to legally non-tarp all the time, such as the very common 'leave cells on my go,' and then slipping go into the sentence. If we allow that, I don't see how we can logically not allow this.

Forcing Ts to pay attention to orders is not the same as tarping or giving false orders, even though it may have the same outcome. Ts are supposed to listen carefully to orders, and if they fail to pay attention, they end up dying. Under our current understanding of the rules, Line did nothing wrong. All he did was ask a question.

The real problem is that we do not have a clear definition of what does and does not constitute a tarp. We should open a separate discussion thread to work out a full, specific definition and add it to the MOTD, because currently what is a 'tarp' is mostly nothing more than commonly accepted opinion.

Isnt Tarping when you try to trick the Ts... I still say it is tarping, as well as trolling as well as loopholing.... all of which I beleive are against the rules...

well.. you can come out facing anyway you want. I don't believe its tarping if he said that.. Tarp is something on the line as > Warden: When cell doors open take one step out and freeze when i say the magical word "GO"> but then he says words that sound like "GO" and kills anyone who came out.

well.. you can come out facing anyway you want. I don't believe its tarping if he said that.. Tarp is something on the line as > Warden: When cell doors open take one step out and freeze when i say the magical word "GO"> but then he says words that sound like "GO" and kills anyone who came out.

Someone should define Tarping then.... since... it's not exactly a real word or anything... that might make it easier to understand what is and isn't allowed.

and if that's the case why did someone get slayed by nova earlier for asking "Isn't that guy a rebel?"

I'd consider that tarping even if it is a question. You are tricking Ts into doing something that will get them killed.It doesn't matter how you say it, it's still a tarp.

which had gotten someone killed....
Thats why the person earlier got slain + this isnt admin caboose because Line didn't use any commands on you -1

"Tarping" is a general action that involves many different situations. It all depends on the context of the "Tarp" itself.

First off, any order that contradicts another order is considered a Tarp. An example of such would be Restricting Jumping and then proceeding to tell all Terrorists to participate in B-hop, or even play a game of First/Last Reaction.

Another action that invokes a Tarp, is an Invalid order. An example of this would be a CT who is NOT warden, giving an order for Ts to relocate to another area.

So I can tarp and try and trick the Ts all i want as long as one doesn't actually get killed?

You can tarp to your heart's content after 5:00 (On CS:S, not sure for CS:GO) although I would refrain from doing so because it almost always ends up with free killing and confusion among both the Terrorists and Counter Terrorists.

Now, pertaining to the thread itself. A Gun Check Freeze UNLESS SPECIFIED, implies that you are to look Away from cells and afk freeze. Honestly, with something like this, it's difficult to find out whether the intention to tarp was there, or if it was a real question. Although I will agree, that as a CT you should Not ask a question that may or may not confuse the Ts in All chat or over the Mic. This is what Team Chat is for.

- Dat guy, Forest

it's difficult to find out whether the intention to tarp was there, or if it was a real question.

You're joking right? he's a fucking mod he should know what guncheck freeze is.... he was just trying to get people killed... it's what he does...

he's a fucking mod he should know what guncheck freeze is.... he was just trying to get people killed... it's what he does...

Before you start calling people out on things, I will remind you that we literally do not have any requirements on being a Paid Moderator/Administrator. All that is required of the individual is the cash up front from what I've seen. Given that information, it is fairly common to have Paid Moderators/Paid Administrators who are hazy on the motd rules for their respective divisions.

Therefore, is it not possible, even in the Slightest bit, that in this particular case, he had forgotten the Guncheck Freeze rule and needed to be reminded? I'm not saying it's 100%, I'm merely saying there may be a remote chance that he had.

Before you start calling people out on things, I will remind you that we literally do not have any requirements on being a Paid Moderator/Administrator. All that is required of the individual is the cash up front from what I've seen. Given that information, it is fairly common to have Paid Moderators/Paid Administrators who are hazy on the motd rules for their respective divisions.

Therefore, is it not possible, even in the Slightest bit, that in this particular case, he had forgotten the Guncheck Freeze rule and needed to be reminded? I'm not saying it's 100%, I'm merely saying there may be a remote chance that he had.

I understand your argument but I still say he knew it and was trying to tarp them...

Forest has define what a tarp is, so now this thread is useless seeing how Line has not used any powers rather just said something you may think is a tarp... And he said it sarcastically? that just makes it even more pointless. Sooo this shouldn't even be reported as an abuse...

~Closed?

~Aha sorry forest xD - Comment won't work 4 meh -