Sign in to follow this  
Tarikozd

Tarikozd - Garry's Mod

+1 I know the story, I heard enough. I was on when it happened, so how don't I know the story? The offense happened in DarkRP not TTT. It sounds like you're going a bit overboard perma banning him. It's like a prisoner, if you forget to close the door its only human instinct to escape the cell, this is what you basically did. You forgot to ban him on TTT then given him a life sentence cause of that.

Why didnt you ban him earlier instead of him building ban tabs? There obviously must be a reason why you didn't. I mean the server always jokes around especially when there are all xg members on. I even remember you breaking plenty of rules Charrax, when the server is only xg. Get proof or an admin to vouch for your claim @@Charrax. I dont recall him normally rdm'ing, and even if he does its mainly him joking around with normal members that doesn't care. He also slays himself after too.

He should remain banned from ttt. Even when he was supposed to be banned, the ban plugin error caused him to be able to connect. He knew that he should not have been on there and he still went on. Tarik also was RDMing for stupid reasons on ttt and started being a generally annoying person. Charrax warned him before that he was building up to a perm by doing all of it and he still kept doing it.

He should remain banned from ttt. Even when he was supposed to be banned, the ban plugin error caused him to be able to connect. He knew that he should not have been on there and he still went on. Tarik also was RDMing for stupid reasons on ttt and started being a generally annoying person. Charrax warned him before that he was building up to a perm by doing all of it and he still kept doing it.

Can't remember being warned but you wouldn't lie i guess.

IMO being annoying isn't a good reason to be banned.

In the rare case i RDM'd i always took the punishment for it.

-1 (All of this regarding TTT) Not a constructive player. More of a character that causes damage and creates environments where what TTT should be played like is morphed into some joke RP mode that they take upon themselves to establish as temporary rule in the server. I would sympathize with him if a ban was irrelevant to TTT but at this point it seems more like taking out the trash then an overzealous ban.

Regardless of that I feel more for the players that are forced to go along with the shenanigans that players such as Tarik partake in. To be a player that has come to play TTT and is expected now to do whatever joke RP that has been established or to have to deal with whatever ridiculous friend-on-friend RDM that takes place between Tarik and his friends.

It seems everyone here misses the idea that we are here to enforce rules upon everyone. Whatever leeway exists among staff-players is surely against the idea of unbiased enforcement. In examples like this however it crosses the line. Most of you who support Tarik support him because he is your friend and refuse to acknowledge rules have been broken (mostly because most of you break the same rules at same time as Tarik, maybe not in this instance, im not really sure, this is more of a broad statement). So feel free to react to the final banning of a player amongst your group, but realize that this is a cumulative decision. Something that was given a chance to resolve itself but Tarik (or again any player like this) proved to us that he is not a constructive to player to have on the gmod servers.

-1 (All of this regarding TTT) Not a constructive player. More of a character that causes damage and creates environments where what TTT should be played like is morphed into some joke RP mode that they take upon themselves to establish as temporary rule in the server. I would sympathize with him if a ban was irrelevant to TTT but at this point it seems more like taking out the trash then an overzealous ban.

Regardless of that I feel more for the players that are forced to go along with the shenanigans that players such as Tarik partake in. To be a player that has come to play TTT and is expected now to do whatever joke RP that has been established or to have to deal with whatever ridiculous friend-on-friend RDM that takes place between Tarik and his friends.

It seems everyone here misses the idea that we are here to enforce rules upon everyone. Whatever leeway exists among staff-players is surely against the idea of unbiased enforcement. In examples like this however it crosses the line. Most of you who support Tarik support him because he is your friend and refuse to acknowledge rules have been broken (mostly because most of you break the same rules at same time as Tarik, maybe not in this instance, im not really sure, this is more of a broad statement). So feel free to react to the final banning of a player amongst your group, but realize that this is a cumulative decision. Something that was given a chance to resolve itself but Tarik (or again any player like this) proved to us that he is not a constructive to player to have on the gmod servers.

Did not expect that, but fine. You raise a good point. I'm done.

It feels like you guys take TTT way to seriously for it to be fun.

See ya kids later.

Edit: Scooter I can't remember the last time i played with you.

Maybe I am in the wrong here, but if Tarik was goofing with only xG members, then I really don't see the harm as long as they were going along with it and having fun, because these are merely games after all. If someone had taken offense and was upset then he should have stopped. Charrax, however, came on and did take offense and told Tarik to stop and to change your name. Tarik, it should have ended there. I don't know if it did or not, because I was not there and have only heard second-hand reports of what happened.

I do know that you RDM on TTT occasionally. That being said, you always accept the punishment. The problem is that the punishments are meant to escalate. First, a slay. Then, a day ban. Then, two days. Then, a week. Finally, a perma-ban. (All depending on seriousness of offense and other factors). I myself have seen you slayed multiple times. This would then be considered an escalation of punishment. This EoP is there to deter or eliminate repeat offenders.

0 for being unbanned. Sorry.

+1 For a shortening of the ban, however. Perma ban on him does seem a little too much. Although he goofs off, and can cause RDM when people don't know the Joke RP that is going on (As Scooter put it), he is a good player and this doesn't always happen and isn't even common. It isn't rare, but it isn't common. (Somewhere in-between).

Most of you who support Tarik support him because he is your friend and refuse to acknowledge rules have been broken

+0 Because this seems to be a big factor that yes rules have been broken and there are punishments for breaking the rules regardless of the person(In most situations). People should keep this in mind but im not going to vote because i don't know all the details.