Sign in to follow this  
Stupercrossman

Game Installation Problems

Before anyone says anything, i have contacted steam support, and its been a week, and no response has been presented, so I'm referring here in hopes someone can help me out.

Ok, so, i have recently purchased Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. When i downloaded all the necessary files, and tried to run the game, it require(s/ed) an admin code. Ok, i got my dad to put it in for me. It was confirmed blah blah blah, but instead of running the game, or finishing what needed to be installed/downloaded, Steam shut down completely. IDK if it was the game, or steam did so on its own or whatever. So when i clicked on the icon to run the game - again - Steam shut down completely. Any suggestions or advice?

This also happened with Terraria and Super MNC

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh try steam forums cause that's a super unusual problem? Try a virus scan, update all drivers to latest?

Steam forums weren't much help. all drivers are fully updated, and there is no compatabilty issue, i know that. I don't have any viruses. I scan (Literally) 24/7

Okay, there ya go. You have Windows 8 it being the way it is meaning VERY NEW, it is going to have compatibility problems up the ass! I have Windows 8 64-bit as well and I can't stand it every game I have downloaded I had to change the compatibility properties and i just troubleshoot it, went straight to Windows XP Service Pack 3. no bueno! So do that for steam open as administrator AND CHANGE IT TO WINDOWS 7. Windows 8 has a shit ton of bugs, so if this doesn't work I recommend even though it is the biggest pain in the ass redownload Steam... Sorry but if it keeps crashing even after you change the compatibility, something didn't download right.